Our job is to be bold at work.
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients, colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity powers progress. Forresterites bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at the nexus of what’s next.
About This Role
Forrester is seeking an experienced Social Media Manager to lead our global social media operations. This individual will work across the marketing team to envision and lead social brand and demand marketing campaigns — and take a lead position in areas such as social strategy, content creation, social selling , governance, analytics, and more. The Social Media Manager will develop and launch social programs that build reputation, engagement, and community for the Forrester brand and drive demand among customers and prospects, particularly with leaders across technology, customer experience, and marketing functions.
This role requires a blend of strategic, analytical, and tactical skills to further develop and manage Forrester’s global social media presence. Candidates must have a proven track record of creating and collaborating on high-impact, purposeful marketing campaigns that contribute to the business pipeline. A deep understanding of and experience with the social media landscape, trends, and platforms is a must.
Reporting to the director of brand, the successful candidate will operate in close partnership with demand marketing team and across the global marketing team and key cross-functional teams, including sales enablement, research, and events.
- Lead the evolution, implementation, activation, and measurement of Forrester’s social media strategy and programs to position and increase brand awareness and perception and drive demand for Forrester’s demand marketing programs and paid events.
- Grow and oversee Forrester’s corporate social media profiles and presence on LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube; collaborate with the social media manager of employer brand to amplify Forrester’s employer brand campaigns on corporate social media channels; and partner with regional teams to evaluate country-specific platforms.
- In partnership with the direct response copywriter, create shareable demand marketing content appropriate for social channels to propel customers and prospects through the customer journey.
- Promote Forrester’s brand story, thought leadership, and product portfolio across a variety of social media and digital advertising channels; create content optimized for social and digital media channels.
- Collaborate with the digital media manager to plan, execute, and measure social media advertising campaigns in support of Forrester’s brand and demand campaigns.
- Establish and manage a content plan, calendar, and cadence of social media posts for the corporate social media channels; develop content and assets to be used by employee advocates to amplify brand and demand objectives.
- In partnership with the corporate communications team, build and manage an influencer marketing program that identifies and engages appropriate influencers (e.g., analysts) for key audiences; in collaboration with the customer marketing, identify and build relationships with prominent customers and manage customer advocacy social campaign planning, content creation, and engagement to increase brand perception.
- In partnership with the sales enablement team, grow and advance our social selling program.
- Develop and own goals, performance metrics, and reporting for corporate social media campaigns; monitor regularly to understand effectiveness of strategy and creative, making recommendations for optimization and continuous improvement.
- Work with the creative team to develop and deliver innovative, best-in-class social media and digital advertising assets (images, videos, animation, and templates) for brand and demand campaigns.
- Perform day-to-day community management (e.g., monitoring and response) across the corporate social media channels; listen and engage in relevant social discussions (about our company, competitors, and/or industry) from existing customers, prospects, and target audiences.
- Identify and evaluate new social media/online community technologies and platforms that reach customers and prospects; test new strategies, content, and campaigns to grow our global targeted audience.
- Promote and support the organization’s adoption of social media, including training and enablement programs; in partnership with the social media manager of employer brand grow Forrester’s employee advocacy program.
- Support and enforce social media governance guidelines and policies.
- In collaboration with the corporate communications team, support executive social media engagement and account monitoring, as required.
- Act as a social media advocate across the company, ensuring social is thoughtfully factored into partnerships, experiences, and campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field.
- Five-plus years of experience in social media marketing; B2B marketing, brand marketing, and demand marketing experience is a plus.
- Three-plus years of experience in managing digital advertising campaigns preferred.
- A proven track record of leading successful social media marketing campaigns from concept to completion with a focus on growing audiences and delivering on engagement metrics.
- Solid experience in producing effective content and an understanding of publishing, social distribution methods, and content strategy.
- Advanced knowledge of leveraging social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram for the purpose of driving brand awareness, thought leadership, and demand.
- Experience with social media management tools (e.g., Sprinklr) and employee advocacy programs and tools (e.g., Smarp).
- Knowledge of best practices and design needs/restrictions across LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to follow up, communicate, and work effectively with all levels of management and employees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize, multitask, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to think strategically and stay on top of tactical execution.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Proven experience in analyzing and optimizing social media campaigns.
- The ability to solve complex problems in ways that challenge the status quo.
- Experience with Google Analytics and paid social platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube).
- Uses both data and intuition to make decisions.
- Persistence and tenacity in driving results.