Job Title: Social Media Manager
Company: Chip Ganassi Racing
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Chip Ganassi has been a fixture in the auto racing industry for over 30 years and is considered one of the most successful and innovative owners in motorsports. Today, his teams include four cars in the NTT INDYCAR SERIES, one car in the IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship, one car in the World Endurance Championship, and one in Extreme E. Overall; his teams have 21 championships and more than 240 victories, including five Indianapolis 500s, a Daytona 500, a Brickyard 400, eight Rolex 24 At Daytona, the 12 Hours of Sebring and 24 Hours of Le Mans. Ganassi boasts a state-of-the-art facility in Indianapolis, IN, with a corporate office in Pittsburgh, PA.
We are seeking a Social Media Manager to join our content team. This individual will be responsible for day-to-day platform management across CGR-owned channels, focusing on content scheduling and campaign management for partnership content. This role must be able to manage the content needs for each of CGR’s racing programs across INDYCAR, IMSA, WEC, and Extreme E through collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to, Marketing/Communications, Partnerships, Competition, IT, HR and team partners and their agencies. The ideal candidate should possess a deep understanding of how people digest and engage with social content, an eye for detail, and stay up to date on emerging platforms, industry trends, and best practices.
This is a full-time position based in our Indianapolis, IN office and will require travel (including select INDYCAR, IMSA, WEC, and Extreme E race weekends and any additional business-related travel).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Marketing/Communications team on social media calendars and email newsletters, including messaging for announcements, statements, PR, and other digital communications.
- Assist in and often take the lead on the ideation and production of social content and campaigns.
- Innovate new and creative ways to use social platforms and digital content to share partner messaging, tell stories, empower advocates, and heighten the user experience.
- Manages and engages with content across social media channels, including, but not limited to, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Maintain creative strategy and brand voice for all social media channels.
- Have knowledge of trends, tools, applications, and emerging technologies in the social media space.
- Helps develop campaigns for audience growth, tune-in, brand awareness, and Value Propositions.
- Assist in reporting on partnership metrics, campaign performance, social interaction, web traffic, and digital communications.
- Utilize social listening tools to understand current conversations and how it can create new social opportunities that benefit the team and team partners.
- Demonstrate news judgment to curate, prioritize, and publish posts consistent with the team and partner message and expand and engage CGR’s audience.
- Monitor and assess content/channel performance analytics, report and/or present progress to goals and KPIs to the leadership team and recommend solutions or new types of content based on previous performance.
- Monitor trends in organic, branded, and paid social media to inform a point-of-view and recommend incorporating them into CGR and partner content strategies when relevant.
- Contribute to website maintenance (creating new imagery, publishing news articles, etc.).
- Create graphics for team social channels (preferred).**
- 4-6 years of experience in the digital or social media marketing or management.
- Deep understanding of how major social platforms work (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Tik Tok, etc.), and the ability to use each platform’s features effectively.
- The ability to organize and schedule social and digital content and campaigns is an absolute must.
- Strong visual eye for creating and curating graphics, photography, and video for social publishing.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization skills.
- Keen to understand team partner content needs and create social and digital solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience with social listening and analytics tools is preferred (Sprout Social, Zoomph, etc.)
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is preferred.
- Willingness and ability to work race weekends and holidays as needed.
- Self-starter, data-driven thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in a team-based culture.
Primarily works within an office environment.
Requires travel to races and various other events.
Standard office work environment.
Will require long days of walking and standing at a racetrack.
Ability to lift 20 – 30 pounds.