Job Title: Social Media Manager
Location: \Pasadena, CA
About the job
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world’s brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
Caltech’s Office of Strategic Communications (OSC) advances the Institute’s goals by promoting, protecting, and extending its reputation. We are responsible for unifying and strengthening the Institute’s voice, both by our own activities and by equipping and empowering organizations across campus with messaging, materials, and tools to help them extend Caltech’s reach and influence through their own work.
The Social Media Manager is a highly motivated, creative individual who will implement and maintain the Institute’s social media strategy and content. This person will manage creation of content for Caltech’s main social channels and support colleagues across campus with technical questions and concerns.
This is a temporary assignment.
- Oversee Caltech’s presence on social media.
- Maintain the existing social media strategy for the Institute.
- Manage the Institute’s presence on social media platforms, applications, and properties, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and similar.
- Maintain an ongoing editorial calendar for social media content, working together with colleagues in the Office of Strategic Communications.
- Plan, run, and monitor social media advertising campaigns—identify and upload media, target appropriate audiences, and schedule ads.
- Identify, create, and/or adapt existing content for use on social media, always ensuring that messages are consistent with the voice of the institute.
- For Caltech news articles, collaborate with members of the News team on messaging and strategy.
- Consistently monitor mentions of Caltech on social media and alert leadership of any conversation that might cause alarm or damage the Caltech’s reputation.
- Act as support person for emergency-related social media postings during business and off hours, as needed.
- Monitor, analyze, and report metrics/analytics.
- Maintain an inventory of Caltech divisions, departments, labs, and researchers that are current social media users and influencers.
- Act as a resource to campus colleagues who manage official Institutional accounts.
- Attend routine meetings to educate, advise, and encourage collaboration.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging platforms and current best practices.
- As a member of Strategic Communications team, provide support on projects in all areas within the purview of the group.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and how they can be deployed in different scenarios.
- 5 years of experience in digital communications (preferably social media) for a school/university or for an organization such as a major non-profit entity, government agency, campaign, or public corporation.
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills; must have the ability to accurately and succinctly communicate information in writing in the voice of an institution.
- A strategic approach to work; experience and ability to work multiple projects simultaneously in a demanding, fast-paced and complex environment; ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, enthusiasm, and diplomacy both individually and as part of a complex team.
- Demonstrated initiative to solve problems with high energy and a positive attitude, and commitment to continual improvement.
- Well organized and detail oriented; able to learn quickly and absorb information about Caltech; able to communicate effectively and diplomatically with Caltech administration, faculty, students, and staff; able to complete tasks with minimal supervision, but also willing to work as part of a creative team of writers, editors, and multimedia producers.
- An appreciation for science and the wonders of the world.
COVID-19 Vaccine Required For All Employees
Caltech has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy effective October 15, 2021, requiring COVID-19 vaccinations for all employees (with Institute-approved exemptions for religious or medical contraindications only). At present, an individual is deemed “fully vaccinated” when that person has received, at least 14 days prior, either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson). Upon eligibility, employees are required to receive the COVID-19 booster as part of the vaccine mandate. As a condition of employment, employees must submit official COVID-19 vaccine documentation. More information may be found
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Caltech is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.