Job Title: Social Media Manager
Company: bread & butter
Location: Washington DC and NYC
Who we are:
bread & Butter is a full-service communications agency with a fondness for all things food, drink and travel. We are a collaborative group of dreamers and do-ers. We combine intimate local knowledge with an extensive national network to craft clever and multidisciplinary communications campaigns tailored to our clients’ needs. We only partner with inventive businesses that inspire us and continually challenge us to think big, but act small.
Why bread & Butter:
We are Southerners at heart, always saying, “Please” and “Thank You,” and hustlers by trade. We believe everyone deserves a seat at the table and practice what we preach to ensure the spirit of hospitality runs through everything we do. We’re not a company that wastes time—not yours, not ours. We are not too busy to talk, come by or think of new ways to increase long-term brand awareness. For us, there is little difference between work and pleasure because our work is our pleasure.
We’re Looking at You!
A Social Media Manager with bread & Butter is a digital whiz kid, go-getter, and many-hat wearer who is ready to roll up your sleeves and get to work. You can’t get enough social, whether it’s following the top foodie influencers, keeping up with the latest digital trends or trying the latest TikTok trend. You’re also obsessed with restaurants, wine, food products, destinations and hotels and most likely have been a waiter, front desk clerk, line cook or oenophile in a past life. You are the account dynamo, helping meet client goals by crafting a social media voice and channeling brand sentiment to build authentic, relevant, interactive conversations and relationships. A proverbial eager beaver, you meet or beat deadlines, stay ahead of trends and always look for a new way to skin a cat. You like to go big – because going home isn’t an option. You’re learning to be a problem solver and you value the relationships you’re building with client communities. A Social Media Manager for bread & Butter should be thoughtful, creative, a strong writer, possess an almost obsessive attention to detail and is the first to get in the mix when helping means the chance to learn more.
**Available Opportunity: **
A Social Media Manager for bread & Butter is responsible for managing the online platforms of 6+ clients on a daily basis. A Social Media Manager will serve as a representative of the company and works in tandem with PR and influencer marketing team, overseeing a Digital Coordinator and or Digital Engagement Manager. reporting to a Social Media Strategist or Digital Account Director.
**Here’s What We Need: **
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3-5 years relevant experience in social media management and/or social media marketing.
- Extensive knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube and other relevant social media networks.
- Experience with launching social campaigns for hotels, restaurants, food personalities and/or CPG food and beverage brands.
- Background in creative development, social media analytics tools, and campaign analysis.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, prioritizing and handling multiple projects.
- Ability to peer and self-edit writing quickly, turning around social media posts in real time.
- Ability to identify strategic and creative social media collaborations, takeovers and promotions for brands and lead through steps to execute.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, responding to consumers and guests within a brand’s voice during daily community management practices.
- Media junkie - there’s no such thing as reading/watching too much. Bonus points for pop culture acumen.
- Love of a fast-paced environment and the satisfaction of a busy yet productive day.
- Flexibility and a desire for endless possibilities. b&B is a dynamic, ever-evolving company that thinks beyond black and white.
- Excitement for growth, new ideas, new ways of doing things and a place you’re excited to call home. Say yes!
Having Our Cake & Eating it Too:
- We offer unlimited vacation, generous maternity, family planning and personal leave, work from home, Endless Summer Fridays and time off for important events like birthdays and parent-teacher conferences.
- We offer 401k, new business bonuses and a generous employee referral program.
- We love celebrating, whether it’s Wine Wednesday or just Tuesday. We always enjoy an excuse to raise a glass.
- Learning something new is our jam. We try to say, “Yes!” and we’ll figure it out. We offer extensive training, opportunities to expand your skillset and the ability to work in any office across the country.
- We want you to be healthy – mentally, spiritually and physically. We offer generous medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as the flexibility that comes with being a “little big” company.
- Compensation: 60-75K annually in addition to medical, dental, vision, 401K, life, cell phone reimbursement and unlimited vacation.