Job Title: Social Media Manager
Company: Bodega Taqueria y Tequila
Location: Chicago, IL
As Bodega Taqueria y Tequila continues to expand nationally we are looking for an experienced Social Media Manager to join our evolving team in Chicago!
Offering traditional Mexican favorites as well as unconventional and innovative interpretations, Bodega specializes in tacos and tequila in a dynamic, eclectic “puebla” inspired setting. Disguised behind a meat locker door, the no-name speakeasy behind Bodega comes alive at night, serving up Miami’s best tequila and cocktails in an environment that brings the fabric of the community together – artists and musicians, locals and travelers alike – for late night conversation, performances and fun.
The role’s primary purpose is to lead social media content strategy and development across Bodega’s social platforms to drive brand engagement and audience growth. We are looking for an innovative, creative, and strategic thinker to join the team with proven experience leading the social media strategy in a high-performance environment. The ideal candidate should live for social media and events with have a background in all social media channels, audience analysis, creative storytelling, and influencer marketing.
- Develop and manage a digital content plan that is culturally relevant and social-first
- Lead the editorial calendar and planning for the Bodega social channels in partnership with Brand Team, Sales Team, and PR team - with a focus on Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Manage the brand’s internal cultural into a social strategy that is expressed through Press highlights and Team achievements on LinkedIn, behind the scenes content and team features on Tiktok and Instagram Reels
- Become a champion of the company social community, making sure our content reflects the interests and needs of our audience
- Perform regular audits of brand’s social presence to on all platforms, monitor competitors and relevant social channels
- Oversee a Social Media Intern and ensure content is always covered for events, evenings, promotions, programming
- Oversee content publishing, weekly social calendar with social grid layouts, stories that highlight upcoming events, and recaps of past events
- Work weekly with Brand Marketing Team for all graphic and asset requirements.
- Working odd hours throughout the year i.e. Holiday’s, Festivals, Pop Up Events and other locally driven events to amplify the Bodega Brand
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- Be responsible for photography and video creation, curation and selection with photographers
- Communicate with food bloggers & chefs to amplify cross-promotional content with PR firm and Marketing team
- Stay up to date on food holidays and incorporate them as part of content where applicable.
- Book and oversee Photographer/videographer for applicable events and programming.
- Reporting of weekly sales metrics, with a focus on incremental growth, engagement, and opportunities
- Implement Shopify posts to amplify sales strategy for merchandise
- Understand audience goals across various social platforms
- Fully Literate in Instagram, Twitter, Tiktok, Facebook and Linked in
- Extremely Organized in managing future strategy development while managing day to day engagement
- Experience creating videos on Tiktok and Reels
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays
- Passion for food and beverage, and mixology preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, Canva, (Photoshop is a plus) and prior 2 years social media experience required