Job Title: Social Media Manager
Company: American Heart Association
Location: Dallas, TX
Now is the time to join us and make a difference. Be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Here at the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your career.
The American Heart Association has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Social media Manager, Creative . The location for this position is flexible.
This position will be a promotion for direct reports of Joe Whitmarsh-Brown.
The Senior Social Media Manager will oversee the creative output of the social team, including concepts, development and production. Build brand relevance by planning and strategizing social media campaigns that increase engagement, build community and inspire action. Tracks social trends, oversees audience research and ensures the brand is showing up authentically across platforms. Understands each social platform and why/how different target audiences use them. Knows how to translate the brand’s positioning for social.
The Association offers many resources to help you maintain work-life harmonization through your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university, as well as additional training and support, locally.
#TheAHALife is our company culture, our way of life, reflecting our diversity, equity & inclusion, our focus on work-life harmonization and our Guiding Values. Discover why you will Be Seen. Be Heard. Be Valued™ at the American Heart Association by following us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and at heart.org.
- Oversee the creative development and production of social media content. (custom content, quick-turn posts, social-first content series, creative toolkits and templates). Be accountable for the final development and production of creative assets and ensure they align with social media objectives. Lead the creation of conceptual ideas and develop new social content that increases engagement and brand relevance. Create, maintain, and ensure adherence to creative guidelines.
- Define content strategy, goals, and objectives. Create a measurement framework in partnership with analytics and social media leads for all social media content to meet department and organizational goals
- Provide input into marketing strategies from a social perspective, staying on top of trends and communicating trends to appropriate teams. Apply insights to social strategy and ensure strategies are supported through social media. Stay abreast of emerging social platforms and incorporate expansion into plans.
- Partner and collaborate with cross-functional teams including the social leads for each business unit, marketing, communications and subject matter experts on strategy, ideation, and creation of new content for real-time engagement opportunities
- Mentor the creative team to ensure all work is produced on time, tailored to the platform, and meets brand compliance and quality standards. Be a trusted advisor to direct reports, cross functional teams and peers.
- Oversee audience research and reporting. Understand the audiences to ensure the brand is showing up authentically across channels. Formulate reports and presentations that tell a clear story to internal stakeholders and senior leaders.
- Collaborate with team to improve operational processes, tools, and resources that will lead to high-quality design and creative output across social channels.
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the experience we require:
- Five (5) years of experience in creating social media content including content ideation, content strategy, creating editorial calendars and production across platforms
- Excellent written communications skills, particularly consumer-oriented writing
- Two (2) years of project management - demonstrated track record of meeting deadlines
- Five (5) year of Excellent design and creative development skills including:
- Ability to develop conceptual strategies and recommend changes to optimize marketing performance (3 years)
- Experience leading teams and projects (2 years)
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite (3 years) Preferred Qualifications:
- Two (2) years of Audio/Video Production and Development experience
- Agency Experience a plus
- Canva Experience would be a plus
Compensation & Benefits
The American Heart Association invests in its people. Here are the main components of our total rewards package. Visit Rewards & Benefits to see more details.
Compensation – Our goal is to ensure you have a competitive base salary. That’s why we regularly review the market value of jobs and make adjustments, as needed.
Performance and Recognition – You are rewarded for achieving success by merit increases and incentive programs, based on the type of position.
Benefits – We offer a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, along with a robust retirement program that includes an employer match and automatic contribution. As a mark of our commitment to employee well-being, we also offer an employee assistance program, employee wellness program and telemedicine, and medical consultation.
Professional Development – You can join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional mentoring program. HeartU is the Association’s national online university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your needs and busy schedule.
Work-Life Harmonization – The Association offers Paid Time Off (PTO) at a minimum of 16 days per year for new employees. The number of days will increase based on seniority level. You will also have a total of 12 paid holidays off each year, which includes several days off at the end of the year.
Tuition Assistance - We support the career development of all employees. This program provides financial assistance to employees who wish to further their education and career in relation to their current duties and responsibilities, or for potential future positions in the organization.
The American Heart Association’s 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care access and quality.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Join our Talent Community!
Join our Talent Community to receive updates on new opportunities and future events.
Posted Date 18 hours ago (9/21/2023 5:00 PM)
Requisition ID 2023-11541
Job Category Marketing, Communications & Public Relations
Position Type Full Time