Job Title: Social Media Manager
Location: Remote but Los Angeles area
We know doing it all is harder than you make it look. We believe life should be lived doing the things you truly care about, whatever they are. We don’t want you to feel tied down by your beauty routine, or feel like you have to buy another product just to keep up. At Alleyoop, we believe in doing more with less.
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER – USA REMOTE
Alleyoop is an award-winning beauty brand that’s redefining multifunctional with easy and efficient products that do more than one thing - helping you save time, money and space. We’re on a mission to simplify your routine so you can spend less time in front of the mirror, and more time doing whatever brings joy to your world. Alleyoop is clean, vegan, cruelty-free, and eco-friendly – on average we use 51.9% less raw materials vs traditional products in the beauty industry. We’re proud to be one of the few beauty companies in the world that holds a B Corp Certification!
We’re a high-energy, friendly team that’s all about being our best self in a good energy, positive vibe workplace. We’re all fully remote, which makes us all highly collaborative and resourceful. We share a singular mission to disrupt the beauty industry by bringing joy to and simplifying our customers’ lives with efficient, multifunctional products. And while we’re invested in our products, we’re equally invested in one another’s personal development. We’re tightly knit, we’re genuine and we’re always pushing the envelope to do a better job than we did the day before.
We’re growing quickly and hiring for a Social Media Manager to own the day-to-day growth strategy, management and execution of our social media channels and communities. The right candidate is someone who is healthily obsessed about getting our story out to the world, being in front of the camera /pseudo face of the brand, while simultaneously building an engaged, authentic community around the brand. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced and results driven environment; is hard working; a natural leader; works with a strong sense of urgency; and is enthusiastic about helping us achieve our mission, as well as our business goals.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Strategize ongoing content themes that align with our marketing and product launch calendars, including the look and feel, to foster and grow Alleyoop’s social presence. You’ll work closely with our marketing team to ensure the overall brand story aligns at all times.
- Maintain the social media calendar, updating frequently based on campaign needs, brand goals and KPIs, and timely opportunities for audience engagement.
- Brainstorm & pitch monthly content ideas to support ongoing brand goals and marketing campaigns, based on overall performance goals.
- Write social captions, schedule, and post daily content across Alleyoop’s organic social channels, including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok. This includes engaging our content creators, or other team members, as needed to gather the assets needed to execute successfully.
- Outline, write, and execute daily Instagram Stories based on content pillars.
- Delegate and project manage social creative requests to the creative team and external content creators for timely delivery.
- Work with the CX team to field customer service issues and questions on feed and DMs.
- Reach out to like-minded, non-competitive brands for giveaways and other acquisition/sales-related opportunities.
- Identify high-performing social content and creators to help strengthen influencer, CRM and E-comm initiatives.
- Proactively, and consistently, come to the table with new ideas for engagement and community building. What aren’t we doing that you’re seeing and loving? What opportunities do we have that we aren’t taking advantage of? This requires an ongoing monitoring of trends and opportunities on all social platforms.
- Present social data and learnings on a weekly basis to the team.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 3+ years of social media marketing experience required (preferably with a D2C beauty or skincare brand).
- Must live in the greater Los Angeles area and come in for photoshoots, content shoots, events + as needed
- Demonstrated ability and track record of building and maintaining a robust cross-channel strategy.
- Experience managing a team of direct reports, creative freelancers, and/or content creators.
- Must have experience directly communicating campaign objectives with internal influencer team or directly with influencers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising or related field preferred.
- Must have knowledge of social media analytics and tool sets.
- An innate eye for what works and what doesn’t work on social media, and holds a pulse on pop culture and technology.
- Social video content creation/editing experience for TikTok, IG Reels and other emerging platforms. Photoshop and/or Indesign for basic asset creation is a huge plus.
- Photography experience is also a huge plus.
- The wit and charm to build and maintain strong and effective relationships both internally and with our community.
- Nimble is the name of the game. You must possess the ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Efficiency, flexibility, and out-of-the-box thinking will get you far here. (And in life. But especially here.)
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US:
- We value culture over everything and look for managers who can inspire others and help cultivate their leadership skills.
- We’re a high-energy, creative, contagiously enthusiastic & positive team that encourages and motivates each other to live the best version of our personal and professional selves every day.
- Like our products, we’re ambitious, overachieving, and multitasking. And like our brand, we’re funny, supportive, and don’t take ourselves very seriously.
- Competitive compensation and the opportunity to join a fun and growing team
- Leadership team that offers a dynamic and energetic environment to grow and develop
- 100% remote team
- Flexible PTO policy
- Blue Shield medical benefits
- End-of-week gratitude sessions to celebrate all of our team’s weekly wins!
Alleyoop is dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and any other protected status as required by applicable law. We strive to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work!
This is a remote, work-from-home position