We are recruiting for a Social Media Manager. This position can work onsite at our Hercules location or be a fully remote role.
The Social Media Manager (SMM) supports Bio-Rad’s global employer brand. The position brings a personal touch through interactions with potential candidates and existing employees on Bio-Rad’s branded social channels, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. As part of the Global HR Employer Brand and Communications team, the position works closely with Employer Brand content and design team members, the Bio-Rad Recruiting team, HR Business Partners, Product Marketing teams, and other Bio-Rad functional teams to execute the Company’s content marketing and social community engagement program strategies.
The SMM works in coordination with Global HR, Corporate Communications, Product Marketing, and other Bio-Rad functions to develop and maintain a social content calendar that aligns with our Talent Acquisition and Employer Branding initiatives supporting all business segments.
The Social Media Manager plays a leading role in Bio-Rad’s social media audience monitoring and response efforts, coordinating with counterparts within the Global HR team and throughout the larger organization. This includes responsive engagement of employees, candidates, and occasional customers who may review Bio-Rad via social reputation sites (Glassdoor, Comparably, etc.) or seek information about Bio-Rad through social media channels.
This position is eligible for a $ 5 ,000 HIRING BONUS:
- Bonus offered for a limited time only.
- Bonus applicable to specific positions as labeled.
- Bonus recipients must be employed at the time of payout.
- Bonus payout after 30 days of employment with Bio-Rad.
- Bonus offered to direct hires only. Agency hires and internal transfers are not eligible.
- 12 months repayment clause.
- Conceptualize, drive development, and provide input/direction on engaging content for community & social marketing purposes including social media posts and community engagement programs that are relevant for our audiences.
- Support internal employee engagement programs and foster relationships with key internal employer brand influencers to help drive employer brand awareness, affinity, and community engagement.
- Develop and schedule social content plans surrounding regional events, tradeshows, and executive speaking sessions.
- Serve as lead for Bio-Rad blog content development being the key point of contact with contributors to draft, edit, secure approvals, and publish content. Partner with internal writing, design, events, and video resources to accomplish.
- Market intelligence: monitor industry social media & company news to inform content strategy and co-marketing opportunities.
- Maintain Bio-Rad Blog content calendar aligned with corporate initiatives including product launches, case studies, events, etc.
- Be an advocate and promoter for digital and social media best practices at Bio-Rad.
- BA/BS degree-Major in English, Marketing and/or Communications preferred, or combination of education and experience in a writing or marketing position.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience in, managing communities or professional social media role.
- Creative writer with ability to communicate around technical topics.
- Social media savvy with solid understanding of online marketing.
- Sound social media and community strategy mindset, including committed personal experience and contributions across multiple social media channels.
- Ability to grasp how community, content and the social web align with wider business goals.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, distilling necessary tasks from high-level direction from management direction and yearly goal sets.
- Commitment to effective internal relationships, communication and collaboration.
- Committed to helping people in social channels (natural teacher and promoter of social media across the organization).
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.