Job Title: Social Media Lead
Company: Baldor Specialty Foods, Inc.
Location: Bronx, NY
Social Media Lead
About Baldor Specialty Foods
Since our beginnings as part of the iconic Greenwich Village retail store, Balducci’s, Baldor has maintained its original promise – curate and deliver the best ingredients from around the world. For 25 years, we have served the food industry using cutting edge logistics to create a seamless customer experience. Our commitment to service and quality has made us the first choice in distribution for a diverse list of industry leaders that includes hotels, restaurants, county clubs, hospitals, and in the last seven years Baldor has achieved consistent double-digit growth in addition to geographic, category, product, and channel expansion.
Do you love taking food pics for Instagram? Can’t get enough of Emily Mariko or Nick DiGiovanni’s TikToks? Do you spend your free time posting the food you eat, or recipes you try? Do you have heated debates on Threads vs Twitter with whomever will listen?
Baldor Specialty Foods needs you. An industry leader in premium restaurant and retail food distribution, Baldor continues to grow and evolve at a rapid pace and is seeking someone who is a social-media native with a keen sense of what engages, inspires, and is useful to an audience of chefs.
As a member of the Marketing team—reporting to the Content Manager, who reports up to the Director of Brand and VP of Marketing—the Social Media Lead supports the Marketing team’s primary goals, which are growing favorability and awareness of our brand. While most of this role will be crafting LinkedIn and Instagram content plans, you will also be involved in kicking off new future social strategies—including launching on TikTok. The majority of your job will focus on organic social media, but you will work closely with our agency on paid.
You are suited to this role if you are highly creative with a social-first mindset and a knack for finding unique, captivating stories. You are collaborative and excited to work as part of a team to bring food stories to life in a way that speaks to our core consumer and captures the brand’s look, feel, and positioning. Ideally you have experience balancing the (sometimes) divergent goals of “content” and “marketing” to deliver results via social. And you recognize the differences between writing for Instagram vs LinkedIn vs TikTok. Aligning with your manager on post topics, strategies and calendars is a must.
This is a hybrid role; the Social Media Manager will be expected to be in our Bronx, NY headquarters 3 days per week.
- Social Media Content Calendar Management
- Partner with Content Manager to develop and execute the social media content calendar across our social media platforms (Facebook; Instagram/Instagram Stories, Reels, Threads; TikTok).
- Develop effective social campaigns for Baldor initiatives, aligning with leadership
- Plan and track monthly social needs in the Social Media Content calendar and planner
** Content & Asset Creation**
- Write compelling, on-brand content for social
- Maintain visual and conceptual brand consistency across all social media platforms
- Ability to develop and execute innovative ideas for social campaigns
- Partner with Creative, Merchandising, Sales, Procurement and Event leads to create social-first content
- Ability to create additional social photos and video using smartphone and in-app (e.g. Instagram, TikTok) camera and editing tools when needed
- Develop a IG story strategy
** Paid Media & Influencer Strategy**
- Manage paid social initiatives from concept through execution in partnership with Digital Marketing Agency
- Develop and build out influencer programming and community engagement in partnership with PR Agency
** Analytics & Reporting**
- Track and report on relevant KPIs.
- Monitor competitor and industry updates within the social landscape, sharing with relevant team members
- Relay learnings back to the wider team and implement them to optimize visuals and copy
** Community Management, Social Listening & Trend Monitoring**
- Monitor follower/customer comments and DM’s daily, working closely with the Sales and Merchandising teams to craft responses
- Develop a social listening practice, to monitor for public mentions so we can spot crises, evaluate sentiment, respond to issues, and identify reposting opportunities,
- Grow a loyal and engaged community through comments and DMs
- Test new, emerging features and trends on social media platforms
- Remain current on emerging industry and digital trends; provide recommendations
Reports to: Content Manager
- 4+ years of experience in social media marketing
- High-level and intuitive understanding of social media platforms, especially Instagram and TikTok
- Established social media background including supporting strategy for a brand
- Strong collaborative skills for both internal and external business partners
- Experience using social to build community
- Strategic thinker with creative problem solving and impeccable, persuasive writing skills
- Strong command of web and social analytics and reporting
- Strong digital writing, grammar & spelling skills
- Extremely organized and maintains close attention to detail
- Experience with social media management and reporting tools (e.g. Hootsuite, Later, Iconosquare)
Baldor Specialty Foods Inc., is an equal employment opportunity employer (EEO), we consider all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations.