Job Title: Social Media Lead
Location: United States Remote
About the job
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb’s various functions embody the company’s innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Airbnb,Inc. can employ in states where we have registered entities. Currently, employees can not be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware and Rhode Island. This list is continuously evolving and being updated, please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
About Airbnb Hosting
Every day, millions of Airbnb hosts around the world create comfortable, reliable and welcoming stays and Experiences for our guests. Hosting on Airbnb offers a unique way to meet our Hosts’ financial goals but the rewards for opening their home or sharing a passion go beyond their bank account. Hosting also offers the opportunity to impact their local community, share their culture and connect with people they wouldn’t have met otherwise.
Our Hosting organization exists to bring a wider array of diverse Hosts into the Airbnb Community, earn their trust, and support their success, safety and security. As the world emerges from the COVID-19 pandemic, Airbnb aspires to lead the travel industry with an entirely new form of community-powered travel, where creatively-led design is at the core of our offering. We know that our global community of hosts is one of Airbnb’s most precious assets and we are very intentional on how we nurture this community.
About The Role
We’re seeking a creative, enthusiastic, analytical and experienced Social Media Lead who understands that social media management isn’t just posting content, it’s about creating community. We’re looking for someone with flexibility and adaptability to help develop social strategies, manage campaigns, and produce outstanding social media content for key executive influencers and programs that engage customers, prospective customers, employees, and other key audiences.
Day-to-day Job Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and management of day-to-day posting on social media accounts.
- Respond to comments in a timely and professional manner.
- Keep an eye on trending conversation themes, hashtags, and upcoming social holidays to engage with when appropriate.
- Apply social insights, audience insights, personas, messaging and competitive information to inform content production.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to brief, concept, create, review, and refine social content assets, ultimately growing pipelines of photos, graphics, videos, carousels, stories, polls, threads, and other content formats designed to engage with our audience.
- Develop and report metrics, and provide concrete suggestions based on the data.
- Incorporate optimization strategies, analyze data, and research the best ways to increase reach and engagement.
Other Related Duties As Assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Digital Media or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in an agency or corporate setting.
- Professional experience in developing content for social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Strong social copywriting skills and an ability to iterate quickly based on data, targets, and feedback.
- Expertise using Sprinklr and other industry-standard analytic tools.
- Proficiency in all aspects of social media analytics (listening and measurement).
- Experience in Photoshop, Premiere, and Adobe Creative Cloud or other creator tools is strongly preferred.
- The ability to work with C-suite executives and provide a professional and comfortable atmosphere.
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between 150,000 and 190,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
Belonging & Accommodations
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: [email protected].