Job Title: Social Media Director
Company: Fidelity Investments
Location: Smithfield, RI Hybrid
If you are passionate about marketing and impacting business outcomes through social media, we want to hear from you! The Director role provides subject matter expertise to cross-functional partners with detailed platform and strategy knowledge. This role, in the Personal Investing (PI) Marketing and Media Channels organization, is part of a rapidly growing social media team tasked with the ongoing strategy and operation of client-facing social media activities. We are looking for someone who has expert-level understanding of social platforms, content strategies, and digital measurement who will help lead Fidelity’s efforts across our channels.
The Expertise And Skills You Bring
- 8-10 years of digital marketing experience, specializing in social media (agency experience a plus)
- Experience developing, executing, and optimizing social and digital strategies (for a large and/or regulated company is highly preferred)
- Deep understanding of existing and emerging social media platforms with experience finding opportunities to scale or build new capabilities
- Ability to quickly build connections and trust with business partners to own the full social media direction - from goal setting and plan-building to delivery and measurement of results
- A record of building a positive working environment - leading by example and encouraging honest and productive dialogue
- Passionate about teamwork with an appreciation for the value of diverse opinions and different skillsets
- Capable of problem solving and owning outcomes, collaborating across multiple teams and skillsets to accomplish goals
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Desire to stay on top of industry trends, competitor insights, and measurement data to provide well-informed recommendations to team members
- Adept at interpreting data, generating insights, and recommending optimizations to deliver strategic counsel and impactful recommendations to business partners
- Adept at leading preparation of marketing plans and presentations to Senior Leadership
- You approach ambiguity with a growth mentality
- Knowledge of Financial Services industry and our offerings preferred
- A talent to thrive in a fast-paced environment and are easily adaptable to change
- Able to balance objectives big and small, remaining persistent in the face of challenges while maintaining a positive demeanor
- Experience with Agile principles a plus
The Director role will be a key member of the cross-functional social team and will support the strategy, execution, and optimization of social media initiatives for our marketing teams. This role will also help lead our PI owned social platform strategies and work to expand our collective expertise through analytics, content updates, tools, and creative optimizations. As a subject matter lead, you will keep current on social landscape trends, platform innovations and help the organization test and learn into new opportunities.
At Fidelity, we are passionate about making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want! We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associate for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com. Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments in order to complete the application or interview process. Please email us at [email protected] or call 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2 if you would like to request an accommodation.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
Many of our associates are continuing to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling “Dynamic Working.”
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.