Job Title: Social Media, Copywriter & Community Manager
Company: Lonely Planet - Red Ventures
Location: New York, NY
The Social Media, Copywriter & Community Manager brings sharp copywriting skills and an enthusiasm for travel to this dynamic role, which owns the day-to-day social copy writing and community engagement and growth across Lonely Planet’s social media channels. A thorough understanding of social-first copy and strategic audience development is a must, along with an awareness of brand voice and tone across both editorial and sponsored content. This is an exciting opportunity for travel enthusiasts to make a big impact on an industry leader by cultivating impactful connections among our longtime readers — and by welcoming new audiences to Lonely Planet.
What You’ll Do
- Manage Lonely Planet’s travel-focused communities across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, including our most loyal readers in our travel Facebook Group
- Write social copy and respond to community questions and feedback in a timely manner, ensuring that brand tone, voice and personality are consistent and elevated
- Work with Social Media Director and social team to ideate, develop and maintain always-on engagement strategies that deliver against channel-specific KPIs and ladder up to overall brand strategy
- Develop and implement brand awareness strategy for our 90K-strong Facebook Group, fostering friendly connections among travelers and providing a platform for our readers to share their travel experiences
- Identify relevant social and travel industry trends for timely engagement opportunities
- Work cross functionally with editorial and sponsored content teams to repackage and elevate social-first content for our members
- Report on and analyze our community engagement efforts and optimize as needed
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of social media and/or community management or moderating experience
- Familiarity with Facebook Groups, moderating large communities, and implementing best practices
- Social copywriting experience, with a portfolio showcasing past work
- Experience scaling editorial content to social channels with an eye for increasing engagement
- Experience with project management software and social media tools (Asana and Canva preferred)
- Thrives working in a collaborative, autonomous and agile environment
- Passion for building online communities and talking about travel
Cash Compensation Range: $60-96K*
Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].