Job Title: Social Media Coordinator
Company: Walker & Dunlop
Location: Bethesda, MD
About the job
We are Walker & Dunlop. We are one of the largest providers of capital to the commercial real estate industry, enabling real estate owners and operators to bring their visions of communities — where people live, work, shop, and play — to life. We are committed to creating meaningful social, environmental, and economic change in our communities. We believe seeking diverse talent and promoting the inclusion of all perspectives are more than moral imperatives – they are critical to our success and ability to innovate and grow.
Walker & Dunlop (W&D) is currently seeking a Social Media Coordinator to support the Marketing Communications team. The social media coordinator will be responsible for executing and bringing to life Walker & Dunlop’s social media marketing strategy. The position will work on all W&D social channels with the goal of deepening engagement with existing fans and gaining new followers. Day to day tasks include creating and scheduling content, monitoring trends and analytics, engaging with followers and implementing creative social strategies to increase brand awareness. This position will also collaborate with internal teams to mine for content and generate stories promoting W&D success and culture. The coordinator will work alongside the social media manager to manage monthly content calendars and develop fresh new ideas alongside the social media agency to ensure effective use and execution of strategy on all platforms.
An ideal candidate is a confident, effective communicator who is comfortable writing and copy-editing social copy for all social platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube. The candidate is also an organized multi-tasker who is passionate about learning and promoting the company’s various business lines, commercial real estate finance and company culture.
What You Will Be Doing
- Create new, visual, and dynamic content for our social media channels
- Deploy creative campaigns across social groups to capture new followers
- Facilitate daily, real-time dialogue with W&D social communities
- Identify relevant relevant news, trends, and current events to highlight.
- Gather and analyze reports on social media success metrics, track KPIs, benchmark competitors’ metrics, identify areas of success and improvement, and make recommendations based on analysis.
- Plan and maintain a calendar of overall social media activities, post and distribute content on social media channels.
- Perform regular account maintenance within each social media channel, update pages as needed.
- Proactively work with teammates to improve processes and work methods for greater efficiency and effectiveness.
- Communicate and problem-solve daily with teammates, clients, vendors, and other stakeholders
The Education And Experience We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, etc. is preferred) or equivalent working experience.
- Two-three years of experience with communications and social media management.
- Familiarity with the commercial real estate industry is preferred but not necessary
What Skills You Should Have
- Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms and social media management tools
- Proficiency with video and photo editing tools, digital media formats, and HTML
- Excellent social listening skills
- Ability to understand historical, current, and future trends in the digital content and social media space
- Strong copywriting and copy editing skills
- Top-notch oral and verbal communication skills
- Time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Detail-oriented approach with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Project management and analytical skills with an ability to build plans and help execute
- Excellent and proactive communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to clearly articulate an issue, technical approaches, and expected impacts.
- Experience liaising with internal and external stakeholders to coordinate social media activities and objectives.
- Confident, organized, and reliable.
- An ability to adapt and learn new platforms
- Ability to collaborate with a team remotely.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an eye for detail.
- Ability to show ownership of your work, take on challenges and acknowledge growth opportunities, and demonstrate patience when learning new processes
- Courtesy, respect, and thoughtfulness in teaming with colleagues and other stakeholders
**What We Offer **
The opportunity to join one of Fortune Magazine’s Great Places to Work winners from 2015-2023
Comprehensive benefit options* that have earned Walker & Dunlop the silver level of the 2022 Cigna Healthy Workforce Designation™, some of which include:
- Up to 83% subsidized medical payroll deductions
- Competitive dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) + match
- Pre-tax transit and commuting benefits
- A robust health and wellness program – earn cash rewards and gain access to resources that promote health, engagement, and balance
- Paid maternity and parental leave, as well as other family paid leave programs
- Company-paid life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Health Savings Account and Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, with employee resource groups organizing activities and providing a space for open communication
- Career development opportunities
- Empowerment and encouragement to give back – volunteer hours and donation matching
- Eligibility may vary based on average number of hours worked
We are committed to equity in all steps of the recruitment and employment experience. We believe in equal access to opportunities in our workplace. We do not tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on any characteristic protected by applicable law, such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, sex, age, disability, veteran or military status, and genetic information. We strive to be a safe place to ask questions, build professional relationships, and develop careers.
Please be wary of recruitment scams. An indication of a scam might be a request for sensitive or bank information at the time of application or emails coming from a non walkerdunlop.com email address. Please call us at 301.215.5500, if you have any concerns about information requested during or after the application process.