Job Title: Social Media Coordinator
Location: Fort Myers, FL
WHAT YOU’LL DO
There’s a reason the Seakeeper “S” is so recognizable in the marine industry, and that’s thanks to our Marketing team. As our Social Media Coordinator, you’ll be an integral part of the team that’s built the Seakeeper brand from the ground up and drastically changing the boating industry again with the launch of Seakeeper Ride. We’re looking for a social media maven – someone who loves staying on the forefront of trends and content creation to directly manage how both the Seakeeper and Seakeeper Ride brands are positioned to owners, potential customers, partners, and boat builders through social media. The ideal candidate can manage a content calendar that educates the public about how our products work, what sets them apart from competitors and convey why you’d never want to boat without our products. Responsibilities include:
- Daily publishing across Seakeeper and Seakeeper Ride’s LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram pages
- Managing and organizing the Seakeeper YouTube channel
- Overseeing and engaging with the Seakeeper owner’s group
- Responding appropriately to comments and messages daily for all social media platforms
- Maintaining brand standards ensuring a consistent look and feel across all social content
- Creating high-quality social media content that aligns with the brand vision and social media strategy
- Identifying and sourcing content from OEMs, dealers, and owners
- Shooting and editing social-first photo and video content as needed
- Collaborating with sales team members to grow and foster partner relationships
- Collaborating internally with designers to develop graphic content
- Cross-promoting our email list and job opportunities to social audiences
- Driving traffic to seakeeper.com and ride.seakeeper.com through social channels
- Closely monitoring and measuring overall audience growth and content engagement
- Staying up-to-date on social media trends, understanding the social feedback loop, and adjusting content strategy accordingly based on performance
- Closely monitoring industry forums for product discussions and actively participating in responding when appropriate
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
Do you have a positive attitude, an eagerness to learn, and the ability to hustle in a fast-paced environment? Then Seakeeper is the place for you! Here are a few other things you’ll need to succeed.
- Minimum 1 year of experience crafting, producing, and editing social content and developing a strategy to accomplish company goals
- A thorough understanding of social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Basic to intermediate editing capabilities in Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro, Canva, or other tools
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, media/film/TV, related field, and/or equivalent professional experience
- A high degree of organization and attention to detail
- Positive and solution-based attitude
- Ability to take feedback and implement edits
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Resourceful self-starter who can problem solve independently but also be an active collaborative member of a tight-knit marketing team
- Be a quick learner who can understand technical principles and complex systems
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple projects/initiatives in addition to daily publishing and communication tasks
- Experience in the marine industry and/or an interest in boating
- Experience working for a consumer-facing brand
- Experience producing live streams for Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
- Experience with analytic tools such as Google Analytics, Ads Manager, HubSpot, Hootsuite, etc.
MORE DETAILS YOU’LL WANT TO KNOW
Candidates will have the option of working from either our office in Fort Myers, FL, or Leesport, PA, and must be on-site 3 days a week
You won’t be expected to travel often, no more than 5-10%, for content creation projects with partners and team building and planning meetings
You’ll report to the Digital Marketing Manager, based remotely in FL
Our Marketing department is a small, passionate group of individuals with widespread skills. We all wear many hats and work together to accomplish a range of responsibilities. While we are the voice of the brand publicly, we also support teams across the company, including Sales, Service, Engineering and HR. Our team has an entrepreneurial, can-do attitude that’s willing to tackle new challenges and reach outside our comfort zone to better ourselves, our brand, and the teams we support. We’re looking for a versatile team player who wants to learn and grow within Seakeeper, finding their own niche to command ownership within the department.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT HERE
It’s true that we make extraordinary products, but our favorite part about Seakeeper is our people! We believe in participative leadership. That means you have the freedom to make a difference and contribute to the larger goal, regardless of your position. Great ideas can strike at any moment, and when you have one, you’re empowered to speak up!
We are constantly pushing (or crushing) boundaries. Stagnant or bored are about as opposite from Seakeeper as you can get! We move quick and if there is something that can be improved upon, we jump on it.
WHO WE ARE
71% of our Earth is covered by water, and we want everyone to make the most of it. That’s why we are committed to creating products that transform the boating experience with an organization that employees want to work for, customers want to buy from, and vendors want to partner with. Our gyro stabilizers eliminate boat roll and create a land-like experience on the water. We defy gravity and completely change the way people spend time on the water.
We started the company 12 years ago, and now 50% of the boats built annually in our core market are Seakeeper-equipped. With our recent introduction of smaller units that are ideal for boats as small as 23 feet, there is a long road of growth ahead!
Ready for a new challenge in a fast-paced environment? Want to help us disrupt an industry? Come on and apply, we are ready for you!