Job Title: Social Media Coordinator
Company: Princeton University
Location: Princeton, NJ
The Princeton University Office of Communication is seeking a creative and passionate Social Media Coordinator to join its Social Media Team. This is an in-person position, responsible for being on the frontlines of Princeton’s social media channels, moderating and managing the University’s presence on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter. The social media coordinator will work closely with the social media team to plan and develop content that aligns with the University’s strategic initiatives. If you love social media and want to learn from an experienced team, you should apply for this rare opportunity.
This job is in-person four days a week, one day remote.
- Draft content for Princeton’s social media channels on Facebook, Instagram, Instagram Stories, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Leverage expertise in social media platforms, current trends, and best practices to inform Princeton’s social media content strategy.
- Responsible for scheduling social media posts and stories with regular cadence
- Monitor engagement and respond as appropriate to comments and queries.
- Work closely with the social media team to plan the social content calendar and surface relevant inquiries.
- 3+ years work experience, 2 years of social media experience.
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn,
- and TikTok.
- Active user and fluent in social media best practices; experience managing social media channels for a higher education, brand or nonprofit.
- Competent computer skills; basic knowledge of Canva or Adobe Creative Cloud preferred.
- Familiarity with social media scheduling tools such as Hootsuite and/or Sprout Social required.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
Standard Weekly Hours 36.25
Eligible for Overtime No
Benefits Eligible Yes
Probationary Period 180 days
Essential Services Personnel (see Policy For Detail) No
Physical Capacity Exam Required No
Valid Driver’s License Required No
Experience Level Associate