Job Title: Social Media Coordinator
Company: Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo
Location: Houston, TX
The Social Media Coordinator must have a strong understanding of social and digital media outlets, with the ability to create tailored content for various social media platforms. Must be an outstanding writer, proofer and editor, with a keen attention to detail in all work assignments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with the Director of Digital Media and Social Media Coordinator to execute the Show’s social media strategy for each platform (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube).
- Must be able to evaluate platform insights and provide strategy updates to the marketing team upon request.
- Responsible for the planning and distributing of content on the various RODEOHOUSTON social media channels, including images, video content and corresponding post copy.
- Maintain a year-round content calendar for organic social media posts and sponsored campaigns.
- Assist with the Show’s mobile marketing text message campaign, to include creating engaging trivia questions for the Showtime in-stadium text campaign.
- Coordinate and conduct the Show’s online contest efforts and manage the ticket and prize inventory for contests.
- Work closely with departments across the organization to assist in their social media specific responsibilities.
- Work with Social Media Coordinator to create weekly content for TikTok and Instagram Reels.
- Interact with social media followers and respond to comments and direct messages in a timely and customer-service focused manner.
- Monitor social media channels for industry trends.
- Attend RODEOHOUSTON events and produce live social media content
Individual may supervise student interns as needed to perform tasks and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in social media and communications
- Experience managing multiple social media accounts
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, PremierPro) or similar digital media editing tools
- Experience using social media management tools
- Strong writing, copy editing and communications skills required
- Ability to work on a team and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to handle high priority and pressure situations
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or public relations
- Previous experience with a public relations or social media/digital agency preferred
- Proficiency in the use of the Associated Press Stylebook guidelines for editing
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task
- Knowledge of insights and data reporting preferred
- Photography experience is a plus
Position requires nights and weekend support during Rodeo and at other times throughout the year.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee may be required to sit, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. During the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™ each year, the employee may be required to frequently walk to various places on the grounds of NRG Park. The employee may be required to lift and/or move 15 or more pounds and will be expected to work extended hours and weekends, especially during January – March of each year in preparation for and during the annual Show. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to dust, chemicals and animals at various times.