Job Title: Social Media Coordinator
Company: Gunn | Jerkens Marketing Communications
Location: Long Beach, CA
Looking to kick-start your career by becoming an integral part of a talented group of creatives and industry leaders by doing your part to support a digital media team? If so, we’ve got an opportunity for you!
Gunn | Jerkens—a creative branding and marketing firm headquartered in Long Beach, California—is seeking a Social Media Coordinator to work with our in-house digital media team, with a primary focus on the management of day-to-day social media tasks to ensure continued success for our clients and the enhancement of our business in an ever-changing industry.
What Are We All About?
Gunn | Jerkens is a fully integrated digital marketing and brand agency. With a driven team of ever-ready, in-house strategists, marketers, creatives, interactive developers, copywriters, and media masters, we work together to build brands. We emphasize collaboration and leverage our unique talents to create exceptional brands, campaigns, and experiences through storytelling and creative problem-solving. We work to inspire real connections and make a quantifiable impact for our clients and their customers. We have fun. We get creative. And we do more than just get the job done—we lead the charge in this industry.
What Makes You the Perfect Fit?
You may be the right fit if you are highly organized, have experience drafting and creating engaging copy and content for various brands and clients, can create content calendars, and are eager to collaborate with our digital media team and other departments. You understand that a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and keen sense of prioritizing are vital to providing support that benefits the team you work with—and that’s what keeps the group running effectively and clients happy. You also take pride in your robust attention to detail and are used to maintaining the highest degree of accuracy in reviewing all work produced. You’re always eager to do your part to the highest standards. Plus, you have a non-negotiable knack for staying on top of things and remaining aware of deadlines. You’re always looking to learn and seeking opportunities to grow in this role and beyond.
If this sounds like you, you may have what it takes to thrive here, so let’s chat.
SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
The Social Media Coordinator will oversee the successful management of all social media properties in cooperation with the more significant marketing initiatives set forth by the digital media and account teams. The position will support the company’s account and digital media teams to collaboratively manage the daily responsibilities, client projects, and ongoing marketing efforts from a social media perspective.
- Serve as community manager for multiple clients’ social accounts.
- Work closely with Digital Content Strategist to develop compelling and engaging content for all social media channels.
- Assist in the execution of social media strategies—both paid and organic—across multiple platforms.
- Assist in developing ideas for social media promotions and engagement tactics.
- Proactively seek social media trends, tools, and changes
- Ensure that day-to-day projects are executed within expected deadlines.
- Identify and develop social media growth opportunities, including UGC sourcing.
- Seek opportunities to expand our content creation capabilities.
- Work with the digital media team to look for opportunities to expand GJ’s social presence on LinkedIn and other platforms.
- Collaborate with the digital media team on topics and ideas for upcoming GJ content.
- BS/BA degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- Experience as a social media intern or a similar role is preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in social media content creation
- Basic graphic design skills and familiarity with graphic design tools (e.g., Figma, Canva, Adobe Creative Suite) are a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office and Google Suite
- Must reside within commuting distance of Long Beach, CA, and be available to work in the office five days a week.
- Confident, positive attitude, and ability to problem solve.
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
- Experience working at an advertising agency is a plus.