Job Title: Social Media Coordinator
Company: Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream
Location: Oakland, CA
At Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream, we are excited to start a new chapter of accelerated growth as part of Froneri – a global pure-play ice cream leader. Come help us transform DGIC into the #1 ice cream brand! With nearly 100 years of winning experience in the U.S, a robust portfolio of powerhouse brands that consumers know and love such as Häagen-Dazs, Drumstick, Dreyer’s & Edy’s, and the backing and coaching of European-based ice cream experts, we know we have the winning recipe.
Headquartered in Oakland, the Bay Area’s hub for up-and-coming food trends, our teams across our offices and factories are raising the bar on all things ice cream. We are investing in significant capital expansions to grow our Operations and Supply Chain and are transforming how we work at every level to become agile, accelerate growth and elevate our quality. With a renewed focus on frozen treats, our tight-knit team of ambitious innovators are fully immersed in the business and encouraged to flex and make decisions quickly. We are committed to pursuing every great idea and delivering the best ice cream experience for our consumers, when and where they want it.
Unleash your potential at Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream and discover what a sweet career we have in store for you.
**Main Purpose of Job: **
Supports Social Media & Community Manager across content, social listening and publishing needs. Main focus across TikTok and Instagram.
Role and Activity
- Manage day-to-day execution including community management, scheduling/ posting and engaging with the audience in each unique brand tone across all social platforms
- Daily social media listening and engagement across all social channels (with emphasis on TikTok, and Instagram Stories)
- Create and manage content for TikTok – to strategizing how each brand shows up on the app, to managing video freelancers and internal ideation, filming/editing to drive discovery and entertain
- Simple graphic design, video creation, and photography
- Stay on top of culturally relevant trending sound and content types and ideate how to apply them for the brands
- Manage and organize asset library
- Editorial Calendar Development: Organic content mapping and support on evergreen and timely content for TikTok, Instagram, Instagram Stories, Facebook, X, Threads. Pinterest and others as needed
- Copywrite social captions in brand tones across brands and social platforms
- Manage and organize asset library
- Assist team in coordinating giveaways, winners and shipments of coupons/swag
- Support in identifying influencers who engage with the brands organically
- Identify TikTok surprise & delight opportunities (fans, unboxing, relevant content)
- Manage micro-influencer briefs and content through brand ambassador program and/or gifting UGC platforms
- Competitive Analysis: Regular analysis to better understand ice cream landscape
- Test out new platforms (Snapchat, BeReal, etc) and assist on launch strategies
- Experience with photo and video editing software a plus, including apps like Canva and Photoshop.
- Experience with social media planning and scheduling platforms, including Sprout Social, is a plus.
The pay scale for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The pay scale disclosed below has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role, and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. The pay range for prospective employees in this role is between $50,000 and $60,000 per year.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.