Job Title: Social Media Content Manager
Company: University of Phoenix Phoenix, AZ
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Are you searching for a rewarding, fulfilling position that offers challenging work and the ability to make a big impact while working side-by-side with a team of fun, innovative people? Ideally, would you like this position to be with an organization that makes a positive contribution to the world? If so…we would love to hear from you!
University of Phoenix is a leading higher education institution founded in 1976 by Dr. John Sperling. Our mission is to improve the lives of our students, their families and future generations through higher education. Our values (which hopefully you share) are: Brave. Honest. Focused.
Our University values and embraces all team members and their unique perspectives. We fundamentally believe in fostering an environment which deeply respects, celebrates, and actively encourages a diverse workforce. We are committed to hiring – and learning from – those who share our passion to help others achieve their educational aspirations.
We offer excellent benefits, an effective recognition program, and outstanding learning and development tools, including tuition vouchers for employees and their qualified family members.
About The Position
The Social Media Content Manager partners with colleagues in Creative and other areas of Marketing to develop, implement and publish content for the University’s social media owned channels, and oversees execution of related initiatives to support the University’s social media strategy. The individual creates and implements an effective organic strategy, including promoted ads, to deliver the University’s message in a compelling manner and ensures the University’s social media content effectively reaches target audiences. The Social Media Content Manager develops and manages Always On content to drive traffic to UOPX’s blog through content marketing and SEO and manages other social media content and social media strategy initiatives to meet or exceed expected performance standards and goals.
What You’ll Do
- Manage the publication of social media content for the University’s social channels, ensuring delivery and optimization of the business objectives and key performance indicators (KPI’s) across national and integrated campaigns; publish and manage social content to ensure alignment with the overall Marketing strategy and ensure integration with larger University initiatives.
- Oversee, execute and evaluate social media content publishing strategy and audience engagement across Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, TikTok, Pinterest, Instagram and other emerging social media platforms to drive follower counts and increase overall presence across all current social media channels. Identify opportunities to grow our presence on new platforms such as TikTok, Clubhouse, and Pinterest. Identify and oversee opportunities to increase participation in monthly social events and quarterly social initiatives/activations.
- Own and implement the social media content calendar, including planned quarterly content, for all active social media platforms to maintain a regular posting cadence on all channels, such as Always On, UGC, integrated campaigns, and dark posts. Meet regularly and collaborate with the social media production manager on delivery of final content to align with the content calendar/schedule.
- Manage the owned social media marketing budget, including the budget for testing and optimizing ads to ensure their objectives are met, for ads across all active platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok, etc. to drive interest, traffic, clicks, video views and interactions
- Utilize social media tools such as Emplifi, PowerBI, native ad managers etc. to provide account growth, engagement, blog traffic, and budget reporting to marketing leadership and other business units throughout the University.
- Oversee the identification of content opportunities and manage the development of social media content, primarily through blog articles and User Generated Content (UGC) and partnership with other departments (such as public relations, community development and student services). Use SEO driven content marketing across all social media channels to increase traffic to the UOPX Content Marketing blog.
- Collaborate with Marketing colleagues and other business units throughout the University on an as-needed basis to provide subject matter expertise with respect to social media content and production to drive the success of identified University initiatives. Regularly attend and participate in social media photo and video shoots.
- Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
NOTE: The primary accountabilities above are intended to describe the general content and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Incumbents may perform all or most of the primary accountabilities listed above. Specific goals or responsibilities will be documented in the incumbents’ performance objectives as outlined by the incumbents’ immediate supervisor or manager.
Job Supervisory Responsibilities
Minimum Education And Prior Related Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business management, or communications
- Three (3) years of experience in a marketing role with focus in social/digital platforms, including experience with social media management platforms (e.g., Sprinklr, Emplifi, Adobe Social and Oracle SRM) and developing content and overseeing editorial calendars, including at least one (1) year of experience managing a budget and performance of social media ads across platforms such as Facebook, TikTok, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Solid experience and grasp of social media trends and industry topics as it relates to driving return-on-investment (ROI) for online business; ability to quickly grasp the implications of those trends and translates into strategic recommendations
- Able to consistently test and optimize social ads, content, features and new platforms, and implement strategic improvements based on performance
- Exceptional writing, grammar, organizational and creative thinking skills
- Strongly advanced understanding of social media properties and user communications
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deliver results through teamwork; effective communication skills to effectively communicate the business strategy and how work aligns to broader goals
- Social media content and ads certifications (Facebook Blueprint, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Superior computer skills (Highly proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, HTML)
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
If you are an active-duty military member seeking employment when off-duty, compliance with Department of Defense Joint Ethics Regulation, 5500-7-R, is required prior to starting employment with University of Phoenix. You are advised to contact your base Judge Advocate General to seek such approval and answer any questions.