Job Title: Social Media & Content Manager
Company: Gracious Hospitality Management
Location: New York City Metropolitan Area
Gracious Hospitality Management (GHM) is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, and creative Social Media & Content Manager who will play a key role in the success of a dynamic department that supports sales and promotes awareness of Gracious Hospitality Management’s various brands and all of its programs and activities. This will be an in-person role at our NYC Office from Monday to Friday.
The Social Media & Content Manager plays a central role within this fast-paced team and will be responsible for nurturing and growing our online community, engaging with our audience, and fostering positive relationships with customers, partners, and followers. You will play a pivotal role in representing our brand through attending and covering various internal and external events; also via social media platforms, forums, and other online channels through the development of a strategic social media calendar across channels and themes, creating content, executing, tracking, and measuring success along the way. Your primary objective will be to cultivate a vibrant community that enhances our brand reputation, promotes customer loyalty, and drives user engagement.
- Salary range of $65,000-$80,000
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account/Healthcare Savings Account/Dependent Care Savings Account
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Dining privileges, discounts, and more!
Duties & Essential Functions (these are not all-inclusive):
Content Creation Management:
● Strategize brand awareness campaigns that are tailored to our community’s interests and
preferences, and help build storytelling opportunities across all social channels.
● Oversee production of all social content with a specific focus on video, helping to drive video
views, clicks, and saves.
● Plan and schedule social media posts, newsletters, and announcements to keep the community
informed and engaged with a “real-time/in-the-moment” approach.
● Ensure that the brand and messaging are appropriately communicated and represented across
all digital platforms, internally and externally.
● Help oversee our paid advertising opportunities across digital platforms.
● Monitor and actively participate in discussions, comments, and conversations across our social
media channels, forums, and online communities.
● Respond promptly to inquiries, comments, and feedback from community members in a friendly
and professional manner.
● Encourage meaningful interactions, address concerns, and resolve issues to maintain a positive
and supportive community environment.
● Develop strategies to increase the size and reach of our community across various online
● Implement tactics to attract and retain new community members, including outreach efforts,
partnerships, and promotions.
● Develop relationships with key influencers, media, and notable individuals to help further brand
Social Media Monitoring and Analysis:
● Able to stay up-to-date with current media and latest social trends, especially at the intersection
of culture and technology, to identify and surface reactive opportunities on social media.
● Research competitors, stay abreast of new projects and openings as well as key trends across
various communication platforms, and perform regular spot checks on the accuracy of
restaurant listings on digital platforms.
● Monitor key social media metrics and community analytics to assess engagement levels and
identify areas for improvement.
● Analyze trends and user behavior to optimize community strategies and foster a more active
● Attend and cover events at GHM’s properties and liaise and build strong
● relationships with our external partners.
● Identify and nurture brand advocates within the community, encouraging them to spread
positive word-of-mouth and engage other users.
● Leverage brand advocates to share user-generated content and testimonials to boost brand
● Address any negative sentiments or crisis situations in a timely and empathetic manner,
escalating issues to the appropriate internal teams, if necessary.
● Collaborate with the restaurant support teams to ensure a seamless and consistent customer
● Assist with photo and video shoots and the company’s photography archives on Canto.
● Comfort turning unplanned content on tight deadlines
Essential Functions and Educational Requirements:
● Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of prior social media/digital marketing experience.
● Strong video production and sound editing experience with a proven track record for video/reels
on social media is an absolute must!
● Be willing to regularly attend and cover restaurant and industry events that occur out of
traditional office hours i.e. nights and some weekends.
● Have basic graphic design skills and can design social tiles and gifs, when necessary.
● Avid follower of news, politics, and cultural commentary across all media platforms, and a keen
and demonstrated interest in the restaurant industry, food media and culture.
● Detail oriented, energetic self-starter who is able to think creatively, resourcefully and
strategically with a focus on superior project management skills.
● Proven track record with lifestyle brands, experience in metrics and analytics as it pertains to
social media presence.
● Clear understanding of marketing versus communications job functions with previous experience
in marketing, social media, partnerships, events, design, photography, and public relations.
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
● Fluency in English, multilingualism will be considered an asset.
● Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative
● Suite, Photoshop, AfterEffects, InDesign, Figma and willingness to adapt to new digital platforms.
- Develop and produce end-to-end iPhone content.
- Create AI-generated content ie. MidJourney.
- Adapt to and perform in a very fast-paced, changing environment i.e. comfort turning unplanned content on tight deadlines.
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Prioritize, organize and follow directions thoroughly.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and using sound judgment.
- Work cohesively with other employees as part of a team.
- Be flexible and creative with an ability to juggle multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Maintain confidentiality of media information and pertinent company data.
- Take direction and desire to exceed expectations – humor and a positive, solution-oriented way of thinking is part of our culture at GHM!
We fully comply with all applicable federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws by providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants.