Job Title: Social Media & Content Creator Specialist
Company: Dolby Laboratories
Location: Burbank, CA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits, not to mention a Flex Work approach that is truly flexible to support where, when, and how you do your best work.
The Marketing department creates passion and relevance for the “Dolby Difference” driving sell-in and sell-thru of Dolby enabled devices, services, content, and experiences across multiple constituents – partners, creators, consumers, and developers.
Dolby’s Social Team supports the growth of the business by inserting the brand into culture, driving education, awareness and engagement at scale via inspiring content across platforms.
As the Social Media and Content Creator Specialist, you’ll help shape our global social channels and bring the brand to life online in a fun, creative and educational way. The ideal candidate for this role is a creative storyteller at heart. You’ve helped manage online communities for consumer brands. You love scrolling TikTok - and have experience being in front of the camera channeling your inner “creator”. This is a unique opportunity for someone who loves to be challenged intellectually, operates with flexibility, and has their finger on the pulse of what is happening in pop culture.
The role will be responsible for:
- Assisting in managing social media for Dolby —inserting social-first thinking into everything we do
- Help create and publish content on all channels, with a familiarity of platform best practices and nuances
- Growing and maintaining an online community, with a targeted focus around community management
- Reporting and insights based on community management
- Utilizing social tools like Sprout, Sprinklr, etc to help with management and metrics
- Help create and maintain a content calendar for all social channels with key focuses on product education, brand marketing, product, and editorial stories. Prioritizing content that creates connection and conversation with our growing community.
- Ability to craft proactive and reactive communications for each platform and articulate the brand “voice” in a creative way
- Identify real-time social moments that insert Dolby into culture to drive the brand conversation forward
- Serving as the “face of the brand” by creating content on social in order to jump on trends quickly (ie real-time Tik-Tok creation, etc)
- Helping maintain/manage FAQ document – around products, announcements and events
- Demonstrates a passion for developing innovative, disruptive, and first-to-market social media content
- Staying on top of cultural, community, media, and market trends to inform strategic and creative development for campaigns; own relationships with platforms (Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, etc.), gaining access to emerging features and technologies
- Helping expand our social footprint by identifying and establishing new platforms in a meaningful way for our community and brand
- Self-starter who thrives in ambiguity and opportunity
- You will be the key point of contact for executive stakeholders and the wider social team—and you will report to the Head of PR and Social Media
- 2-3 years experience managing social media content for consumer brands
- Experience creating social content - specifically on Tik-Tok
- Early-adopter when it comes to trends, platforms, opportunities etc
- Experience with community management and reporting across platforms
- Experience in both organic and paid social media, including platforms, trends, and targeting approaches
- Hands-on experience contributing to creative, innovative, social-first campaigns
- A deep understanding of the social ecosystem and how brands should participate in an authentic way
- Experience using social tools (ie Sprout, Sprinklr, etc) to publish and track performance
- Interest in consumer technology and the entertainment industry
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and planning skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Available on occasion to respond to online community during off-hours/times, as well as be available on weekends for events as needed.
- Proven ability to creatively problem-solve and achieve results in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, often on short deadlines
The Los Angeles Area base salary range for this full-time position is $82,600 - $99,200 plus bonus, equity, and benefits, and can vary if outside of this location. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, competencies, experience, market demands, internal parity, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range and perks and benefits for your location during the hiring process.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.