Job Title: Social Media Community Specialist
Company: McCormick & Company
Location: Hunt Valley, Maryland
You may know McCormick as a leader in herbs, spices, seasonings, and condiments – and we’re only getting started. At McCormick, we’re always looking for new people to bring their unique flavor to our team.
McCormick employees – all 14,000 of us across the world – are what makes this company a great place to work.
We are looking to hire a Social Media Community Specialist immediately in a Hybrid (50/50) capacity at our Global Headquarters in Hunt Valley, Maryland.
What We Bring To The Table
The best people deserve the best rewards. In addition to the benefits you’d expect from a global leader (401k, health insurance, paid time off, etc.) we also offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Career growth opportunities
- Flexibility and Support for Diverse Life Stages and Choices
- We prioritize our communities and the planet we share. We are proud to be awarded as a Diversity Inc. Top 50 company for Diversity and have multiple Sustainability awards (ranking #22 in the World and #1 in Food Products)
- Wellbeing programs including Physical, Mental and Financial wellness
- Tuition assistance
The Social Media Community Specialist is responsible for Organic Social Content Planning, Scheduling, Publishing and Reporting. They actively drive 1:1 relationships with consumers for multiple brands via community management, engagement, gifting, and other tactics. This role reports to a Social Media Content Manager and works collaboratively with a copywriter.
- Create and finalize monthly editorial social calendars for all designated brands across multiple regions (primarily US, CA, and UK)
- Concept and create static content
- Concept, film, and edit short form video content, such as TikToks and Reels
- Familiarity with social media content tools like Hootsuite and Canva
- Schedule/Publish all social posts for varied platforms - primarily Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, X, Pinterest and Threads – ensuring all posts meet individual channel best practices
- Proactively mine social channels for trending conversations, notable mentions, pop-culture moments, and consumer engagement opportunities
- Engage with social community, responding in the brand’s tone of voice
- Manage shipments of surprise & delight gifts, social ambassador programs, and 3rd party mailing resources
- Have a genuine passion for social media as a marketing and consumer engagement tool, staying alert of industry and content trends
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Media, Digital Media, Marketing, or Communications field
- 1-2 years relevant work experience or related internships.
- Detail-oriented, deadline driven, and able to handle a high-volume workload
- Creative - ability to bring new ideas to the table
- Experience with creating short form videos
- Strong knowledge of native social insights tools (Facebook, Instagram, X, TikTok, Pinterest, etc.) and ability to adapt easily with platform changes. - Willingness to react and respond in a timely manner
- Strong awareness of industry trends and evolving platform innovations
- Experience using Hootsuite or Sprinklr
- Experience working with multiple brands with unique styles and tones of voice
- Experience in CPG food industry
- Experience in Social Media
- Experience with Canva
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a general policy, McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.