Widefoc.us is looking for talented, strategic thinkers who can write well but also understand how to use social media to tell a brand story and drive results.
WideFoc.us community managers are responsible for curating, writing, delivering, and publishing posts across platforms — Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, and more. They engage with online communities and work closely with assigned clients. We’re especially interested in strong writers with B2B social media chops!
The ideal candidate for this position is an organized, detail-oriented communicator who has solid time management skills and works well under limited supervision. You must be a self-starter, can work both independently and with a team, and appreciate working for a small company with a “startup” mindset.
- Participate in regular client strategy meetings
- Communicate with clients weekly and sometimes daily
- Manage multiple social media platforms
- Curate relevant content for client brands
- Write and post daily and real-time content
- Engage in conversations with target audiences for assigned accounts
- Monitor assigned channels for customer service and online reputation issues
- Write, strategize, and support paid social campaigns
- Draft blog content
- Excellent writer, proficient in proper grammar, punctuation, and syntax
- Skilled in interpersonal communication — able to build relationships with clients
- Ability to respond to social media replies and complaints with messaging that fits the situation (critical information and messaging will be provided)
- Familiarity with social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, TikTok, Yelp, YouTube, and others
Ideal candidates will:
- Have experience in using social media tools for business, including developing and managing social media strategy and communities
- Have previous client and account management experience
- Be chameleon-like in their ability to write in the distinct voices of their client’s brands
- Be able to write intriguing blog posts
- Enjoy creating and consuming new content types
- Know how to help clients and others understand the value of our social media outreach and engagement
- You’ll need to supply your own computer. Initiative, creativity, and inspiration are appreciated. Agency experience is a bonus, but solo practitioners are also encouraged to apply!
Work design and compensation:
Our community managers enjoy a high level of flexibility in the design of the position’s workflow. Hourly pay will be determined according to the candidate’s qualifications and clients assigned. This is a 90-day, contract-to-hire position so that we can both make sure you’re a good fit. You will be part-time to start with the strong potential to move to full-time.
WideFoc.us is a company made up of creative, fun professionals who can think strategically. We like each other, like working together, and find ways to stay connected, even though we’re all over the US. We offer health benefits, paid time off, and opportunities for professional development. We like to give gifts, free team lunches, and high-fives.
Please send us a resume ([email protected]), links to your social media work, at least three examples of your kick-ass professional writing, and three synonyms for the word “great” (we think it’s an overused adjective). Bonus if you can find typo in this listing and explain why it’s incorrect (think possessive).