At MissionWired, we help clients create revolutionary digital strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
We’re digital-obsessed, tech-savvy do-gooders who care deeply about social change. We’ve brought digital strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Save the Children, Sandy Hook Promise, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates. This cycle, we’re excited to support the DGA in flipping and protecting governorships across the country while expanding the Democratic majority in the Senate via our work with the DSCC, Sen. Raphael Warnock, Rep. Val Demings, Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto and Sen. Maggie Hassan.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: We are seeking a full-time Social Media Associate and Community Manager to assist in sourcing, disseminating, and creating innovative content for a social network of teachers, counselors, and teacher leaders, as well as in engaging directly with educators across social channels. If you are passionate about education, have strong writing and analytical skills, are an expert multitasker, and are eager to add to your skills in a collaborative, energetic work environment with others who are fighting for social good, this job is for you!
Successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Engaging with educators across the digital space to build trust and strengthen relationships
- Curating innovative and engaging content
- Collaborating with other digital associates and team members to develop and implement innovative digital engagement campaigns
- Leading cross-functional teams working across digital channels, including a blog, email, social media, and paid content delivery
- Engaging deeply with daily social data to evaluate performance against KPIs and develop new benchmarks to measure success
- Working closely with internal teams, including technology and creative, to assist in managing resources and project timelines
- Passion for social media and a strong understanding of social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent quantitative reasoning skills and ability to apply data to strategic decisions
- Ability to juggle and multitask on multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Willingness to take initiative and use good judgment to resolve issues
- Ability to collaborate on a team both internally and externally
- Up to 3 years experience, including past internships and part-time work.
- Passion for equity in education
- Background in digital communications, fundraising, and/or marketing is strongly preferred
- Client management experience is a plus
- Experience in education with students or teachers is particularly appreciated but not required.
Salary range for this role is $50,000 to $60,000 per year, depending on experience.
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!