Job Title: Social Media Ambassador
Company: Aparium Hotel Group
Location: Tennessee, United States Remote
SOCIAL MEDIA AMBASSADOR POSITION PROFILE
Reports to Director of Lifestyle / 1099 Position / Part-Time / Remote
Who We Are
Hotels done differently. It’s not just a slogan or catchphrase, it is who we are in everything we do. We believe in the power of People, Place and Character; ensuring our properties are a place where individuals are valued and celebrated as a tribute to the neighborhoods and the people of the communities in which we operate; elevating our associates’ pride in who they are, where they live and who we serve.
Since its founding, Aparium has grown into a new kind of hotel brand, one that ventures off the beaten path, both geographically and philosophically. It is a sophisticated hotel brand known for its singular ability to combine the business acumen of large hospitality companies with the charm of boutique hotels, bringing the disparate forces together in bustling, smaller markets.
Who You Are
The candidate’s experience is robust and unique. Ideally, you have an extensive background as a marketer, strategist, content creator, and copywriter. You are currently working in some capacity as a social media manager or lifestyle, food & beverage, and/or weddings photographer / videographer. You have exemplary knowledge of Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn; enjoy writing copy; and know how to navigate each social media platform to promote our hotel and outlets accordingly, while growing our audience. You have experience using Sprout Social or an equivalent social media planning tool.
The ideal Social Media Ambassador has strong photography and/or videography skills. You know how to get the shot in a variety of situations and have a passion for sharing those images, videos and reels with the world via social media channels. The ability to execute a content shoot is an essential project management skill for this role.
You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills. You can craft concise and engaging copy, convey brand messaging effectively, and respond to customer inquiries or comments promptly and professionally.
You have an analytical mindset to monitor and evaluate social media performance metrics. You can interpret data, identify trends, measure the success of campaigns, and make data-driven decisions to optimize strategies and achieve desired outcomes.
At the core – a strong Social Media Ambassador has a passion for sharing our story, making us look cool and keeping the social media engine running!
As a 1099 contractor – the Social Media Ambassador role has the flexibility to ‘Work from Anywhere’ (WFA) but will regularly need to be on property to shoot events, execute photo shoots and develop content calendars. In partnership with the Director of Lifestyle – you’ll execute a content calendar that focuses on hitting the hotel’s annual goals, tackles monthly marketing initiatives & highlights current events and happenings.
You’ll engage with the audience by responding to comments, messages, and inquiries in a timely and professional manner. You’ll monitor and analyze social media performance metrics using tools like Sprout Social platforms. On a monthly basis, you’ll generate reports on key performance indicators (KPIs) and provide insights and recommendations for improvement.
You can shoot in any scenario – natural light, iPhone, a simple handheld in the middle of a crowd or on a partial day shoot with supplemental lighting, models, a wardrobe and props budget – you will become the de facto ‘hotel photographer’ responsible for filling content folders that will be used on social, in promotional materials and on our websites.
What You Will Do
Establish Initial Strategy
- Create monthly grid cycle for proofing, including copy, for initial posts.
- Study and present ideas for the photography filter presets:
- What do you think our “filter” will look like for the hotel
- For the restaurant?
- Present ideas and trends you’re seeing online and ensure they match back to the hotel & restaurant’s brand.
- Research and create initial hashtags for hotel and restaurant.
- Review brand book and ensure alignment of tone/voice/look and feel of all social content.
- Follow all collaborators, artists, DJs and musicians performing or partnering with the hotel.
- Follow all Aparium sister properties & sister property outlets.
- Follow competition (hotels AND restaurants). This will help you understand what they’re currently doing and what’s working for them.
- Who else are we following? Ask yourself: are they representative of or aligned to the brand? Less is more. Quality over quantity.
Original Content Posts
- 7-10 original content posts per week made to hotel Feeds.
- Original content posts to be split amongst hotel and restaurant – allocation to fluctuate and change over time – balance to be communicated by Director of Lifestyle via Content Calendar.
- Original content posts to include some sort of ‘Call to Action’ 2-3 per week.
- Live Instagram Stories coverage on average 3-4x per week. (This can include coverage of the city “through the eyes of the hotel” as well as coverage from the hotel. Leverage UGC where applicable as appropriate and on brand).
- Reels should make up 1-2 of these original content posts per week – split across the hotel & outlets.
- 1-2 Facebook per week (Split amongst hotel and signature outlet) - should include CTA.
- Growing Account
- Use of 3-5 hashtags per post while keeping them fresh & update (work to not use the same hashtags on each post). Hashtags should be thoughtful, strategic and relevant to your post. Remember they are currency for growing followers.
- Daily curation of guest-generated content as part of hotel’s social-media assets & resharing to our feed or stories when appropriate.
- Monitor hotel geotag and hashtags; engaging with followers when appropriate.
- Target a 2-3% engagement rate for all feeds.
- Work to grow follow base by 5% MoM for new hotels (opened 12 months or less); and 2% MoM for operating (opened 12 months or more).
- Engagement with guests / comments with a voice that matches the tact, charm, and service of the hotel’s team.
- Confidentiality regarding in-house guests and any non-public information.
- Monitoring of comments and messages, with timely replies that represent the hotel’s standards for service and hospitality.
- Ongoing communication with hotel team, especially with guest questions and complaints as they appear, in public comments or private messages.
- Ongoing communication with Aparium team, regarding upcoming marketing, PR, and sales initiatives that can be leveraged with Instagram.
- Communicate important posts/content to Aparium home office bi-monthly for use on Aparium channels.
- This would include your greatest hits:
- Something that has performed well
- Promotional offerings
- Required to load all photos into BOX as per the photography guidelines in a timely manner.
- Ensure all photos are loaded into appropriate folders for easy discovery (ex. Food photography to land in outlet photography folders).
- Individual photos to be labeled per labeling guidelines for future reference.
What You Will Need
- Administrative experience with Outlook, Outlook Calendar & BOX.
- Experience with a variety of social media platforms – Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn at a minimum.
- Adaptable interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all, regardless of role.
- Professional proficiency in the English language, including reading, writing and verbal communication.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, as many shoot requirements, programs and activations are during the evenings and on weekends.
- Ability to work at a computer from anywhere as this position will not have a permanent desk / office in the hotel.
- Standing and walking may be continuous for 4-5 hours at a time.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Aparium Hospitality Services celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment, and sense of belonging for all employees. We do not discriminate and believe every individual should be proud of who they are, where they come from and take pride in who we serve.