Job Title: Social Marketing Manager
Company: Warner Bros. Discovery
Location: Atlanta, GA
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role…
The Social Marketing Manager oversees the Social Media activities for assigned brands and titles within TBS, TNT, truTV, TCM, and HLN portfolios. This is both a marketing and a creative content role, responsible for social content strategy, creative ideation and execution, and leveraging social media platforms, trends, and tactics to achieve marketing goals. This is a management position which involves supervising one or more direct reports in marketing or creative roles. Working with the Director, Social Marketing, the Manager will execute on the social voice and presence of a show or brand campaign throughout its life, beginning with strategy and planning and following through with execution and reporting.
Your Role Accountabilities…
- Plans social media strategy to effectively achieve marketing goals across all social media platforms. Develops, executes, and monitors content across platforms for assigned shows for development of best-in-class creative assets that are optimized to each platform.
- Ensure goals are aligned across teams, creative is cohesive, messaging is consistent, content is strategically distributed, sponsorship requirements are met.
- Effectively manages direct reports and/or interns to develop their professional skills and abilities, increase competencies, provides constructive feedback, and deploy personnel resources effectively against goals and deadlines to ensure work products are up to standards and on time.
- Stays organized and ahead of things by creating and maintaining social content calendars across assigned shows.
- Create in-house video content for social channels like TikTok, in-app video editing, and usage of popular trends and effects. Potential opportunity to participate as on-screen talent.
- Collaborate with internal creative teams and external agencies to direct and develop video and social content for shows.
- Provide thoughtful, social-first copywriting aligned with show and brand voice to make content feel platform-native and authentic to users.
- Create and maintain a roster of content creators, influencers, and social agencies that will elevate the brands in a modern way, driving more engagement and participation.
- Researches and stays abreast of emerging trends, platforms, and social pulse in order to innovate and develop new content types and social strategies for growth.
- Manage and execute planning, creative and budgets for paid social media campaigns.
- General project and campaign management.
- Build effective presentation materials showcasing the strategy and execution of social media campaigns and merchandise work to internal leadership, producers, and talent.
- Develop and manage relationships/scopes with social agencies, analytics/reporting vendors, software companies and other companies to be rolled out across teams.
- Ongoing collaboration with On–air, Media, PR, Research, Turner Studios and other networks to develop strategies and processes that can impact work at a greater scale and speed.
Qualifications And Experience…
- 3-5 years of social media experience, managing social marketing campaigns or social accounts, on either client or agency side. Entertainment brand experience a very strong preference.
- Must be social media savvy, have an active presence on social media platforms with an extensive knowledge of social media platforms.
- Comfortable working with social media scheduling tools (i.e. Sprout, Sprinklr, on-platform backend tools)
- Familiarity with Adobe suite (Premiere, Photoshop), iPhone camera, DSLR camera, basic audio/camera/lighting equipment
- Very strong writing and communication skills.
- Exceptional project management, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Flexibility and relationship-building skills to collaborate with all types of people and personalities across multiple departments and levels of seniority.
- Good judgment, problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Passionate about creative development and coming up with ideas.
- Positive attitude and collaborative work ethic with a high level of professionalism.
- Love of television and entertainment, with a knack for comedy and humor.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Digital Media, Advertising, Marketing or related field
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at Guiding Principles | Warner Bros. Discovery along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you’re a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at [email protected].