Job Title: Social Insights and Analytics Manager
Company: Hulu - Disney
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Hulu’s Consumer and Market Insights team is seeking a Social Insights Manager who will be an outstanding addition to our team. In this role, you will be responsible for interpreting social data into actionable insights by crafting reports to support the company’s strategic, brand, cultural initiatives and more. The right person for this role is someone who is passionate about social media and the insights that can be gleaned from it! Someone who is comfortable juggling multiple complex projects at once, and has experience across most of the following key areas: social media monitoring/listening, influencer identification, campaign evaluation and online competitive research.
What You Will Do
- Own weekly/monthly trackers supervising social conversation and sentiment across Hulu, its Originals, and the competitive landscape.
- Synthesize social data from multiple sources to tell a well-rounded story. Identify and translate social trends and insights into actionable ideas and strategies.
- Work with stakeholders to establish campaign specific key performance indicators and measure the performance and impact each campaign has on the brand and our originals.
- Provide social insights and recommendations to internal collaborators regarding the performance of our Brand, Originals, and various marketing projects.
- Assist the team with strategic research projects using social data and primary research methodologies to help stakeholders and partners reach their goals.
- Work with the influencer team to lead and analyze post campaign data.
- Stay abreast of television, streaming, and social media news, trends, and standard processes.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of social media analytics and insights experience, preferably within the media and entertainment industry
- Shown expertise with market leading social media tools (e.g. ListenFirst, NetBase, Helixa)
- Multi-tasker who is highly organized and meticulous with the ability to work under pressure within a matrix organization
- Experience with social platforms including Facebook, Twitter/X, Instagram, Tumblr, YouTube, TikTok
- Intermediate to Advanced PowerPoint/Excel and Google Slide/Sheet skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills focused on telling a story with social insights and the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Passionate about research, television, marketing, emerging media, and technology
- Ability to be strategic as well as dive into the data to answer research and business questions/issues
- Mix of agency, vendor and client-side social media insights experience
- Standout colleague, collaborative, and inclusive
- Experience at a Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) streaming service or a research company working with a DTC streaming service
- Experience with primary research methodologies and analysis
- Disability accommodation for employment applications
The Walt Disney Company and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or apply for a position, email [email protected] with your request. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or correspondence. We will only respond to those requests that are related to the accessibility of the online application system due to a disability.
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
The hiring range for this position in CA is $90,500.00 to $124,400.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
Job Posting Segment:
Streaming Services (Hulu)
Job Posting Primary Business:
Primary Job Posting Category:
Consumer Insights & Analytics
Primary City, State, Region, Postal Code:
Santa Monica, CA, USA
Alternate City, State, Region, Postal Code: