Job Title: Social Conversation Strategist
Company: MSL (Global) - Procter and Gamble Feminine Care brand
Location: New York City Metropolitan Area
Is scrolling on Instagram or TikTok second nature to you? Are you a member of dozens of Facebook groups because the community is unmatched? Do trending sounds on TikTok swirl in your head 24/7? Are you passionate about empowering women and challenging stigmas that women face when it comes to their ever-changing bodies?
MSL New York is looking for a Social Conversation Strategist for a Procter and Gamble Feminine Care brand.
You will be the Gen X-minded eyes, ears and voice of a growing brand leading important conversations on women’s health and busting the stigmas that come with it. In this role, you will build community and be the driver of fun and relatable content native to Instagram, TikTok and Facebook. Your challenge will be to bring charm, inspiration and a bit of wit to sometimes sensitive topics. Your magic will be in building connection and channeling empathy with women who may be caught off guard or embarrassed about their changing bodies.
You will be responsible for creating and posting social content on the brand’s social channels as well as identifying trends and opportunities to kick-start or participate in brand-relevant conversations across platforms. You will analyze and report social media analytics, using insights to create monthly content calendars and make strategic recommendations to the brand team on trends, brewing topics of interest to consumers and what competitors are up to. You will also manage consumer inquiries, report AEs/PQCs and engage with relevant comments quickly and effectively.
We’re looking for someone with a strong blend of creativity (including strong copywriting, visual storytelling, experience with making and/or editing TikTok and Instagram videos) and analytical abilities (including strategic, actionable assessment of social conversations). A passion for social media, exceptional writing skills, a curious, analytical mind and a great sense of patience/proactivity are essential for this role. You should also be obsessed with pop culture, trend spotting and identifying opportunities to insert the brands in ways that resonate with a Gen-X audience.
You will be part of a larger activation team and will help quickly connect the dots between PR and social. With that, you will have additional support as needed for more intricate creative and strategy need as well as issues and crisis management. The role reports to the SVP (Digital) and may include additional weeknight and weekend work.
- Work collaboratively with the account and client team to outline approach to social publishing, ensuring the social content strategy ladders back to the business priorities
- Coordinate collaboration and ideation amongst cross-functional partner agency team members
- Manage weekly and seasonal content planning, ensuring an always-on presence
- Give creative input to organic social content calendar (strategy and execution) & coordinate approvals with the Brand Team (as needed)
- Ensure that best practices are being adhered to across social platforms
- Bring the brand team innovative recommendations on how we can further improve our social media presence to make our brand a standout leader in the organic social space
- Be the lead creative voice for “on-trend” social media creation that aims to pair the brand voice with trending videos on the platform
- Guide, moderate & monitor discussions & relevant conversations across our social channels
- Listen to what our social communities have to say and provide the right response consistently and in a timely manner. Publish proactive and reactive social media responses, including 1:1 replies with consumers. This includes issues/crisis management and giving people a great brand interaction for positive comments
- Identify key influencers and groups in which to foster relationships, potential engagement opportunities or alerts for the brand. Suggest content for the brand to post for these engagement opportunities. This may include recommendations on when to amplify organic content or influencer content with paid media
- Be the consumer insights expert related to what resonates with our consumer on our social platforms. Conduct reporting on social media activities from competitive brands, other brands targeting our consumer (best-in-class social programs/content) and other notable efforts
- Stay on top of defined analytics and key performance indicators, and generate comprehensive social reports based on KPIs as well as conversations, feedback, sentiment, to enable optimization
- Manage health events via a regulated process that reports consumer complaints to a central P&G database
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Marketing, Communications, or related degree)
- 2-3 years of social community management and/or social media analytics experience
- Interest in women’s health, pop culture, trends and Gen-X/Boomer marketing strategy
- Ability to embody the persona and tone of the brands to be an extension, creating 1:1 consumer interaction that drives brand love
- High degree of professional maturity; demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with colleagues at all levels, but also make decisions autonomously
- Experience personally or professionally managing and growing social channels; enthusiastic about learning new platforms, research and analytic tools and search algorithms
- Understand KPIs and have a working knowledge of paid vs. organic social
- Excellent grammar/writing skills in English; excellent copywriting skills. Ability to adapt copywriting style to fit the unique tone of voice of the brand
- Ideally have Photoshop or other graphic design skills to agilely create new organic content
- Ability to stay organized and perform tasks with a high attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity with social platform analytics
- Ability to clearly articulate thoughts in writing
- Is a self-starter and go-getter
- Not afraid to experiment to achieve growth
Compensation Range: $58,500-$92,000. This is the pay range the Company believes it will pay for this position at the time of this posting. Consistent with applicable law, compensation will be determined based on the skills, qualifications, and experience of the applicant along with the requirements of the position, and the Company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time. For this role, the Company will offer medical coverage, dental, vision, disability, 401k, and paid time off.