Job Title: Social Community Manager
Location: United States Remote
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Community Manager to support the SoFi Brand Social team in the implementation of Community Development Strategies. Working with the Social Strategy and Operations teams, the Community Manager will ensure that SoFi has an engaged presence across their social media platforms.
This role will be responsible for fostering social communities through SoFi’s current social channels and emerging communities, from Reddit and Facebook to Discord. The Community Manager will be representing the voice of the consumer, monitoring conversations and directly engaging in our communities. We’re looking for someone excited about engaging, building and proactively managing positive social media spaces for SoFi Members.
What You’ll Do:
- Proactively manage brand-level member and prospective member inquiries/comments through social conversations.
- Reactively manage and moderate incoming comments and engagements across all social platforms
- Triage inquiries/complaints to appropriate teams/queues within the moderation platforms.
- Monitor community sentiment and provide constructive feedback on how to improve and maintain positive sentiment.
- Support additional community launches and continuous optimizations across platforms (i.e. additional Subreddits, Facebook Groups, etc.)
- Working with the Community Strategist to effectively communicate updates, risks and roadblocks that occur within our communities.
- Work with the Operations team to ensure best in class service to our members.
What You’ll Need:
- Undergrad degree or relevant industry experience
- 1-3 years of experience in community management and moderation or comparable skills
- A problem-solving attitude with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong EQ and ability to assess nuance in conversations and react accordingly
- Experience with common online community platforms (Discord, Reddit, etc.) as well as social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok and Facebook)
- Experience with social media tools (Brandwatch, Khoros, Sprout, or similar)
- Extremely detail oriented
- Creative with knowledge on internet subcultures
BONUS: Excitement for Sports and Entertainment marketing, especially the NFL
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
Compensation And Benefits
The base pay range for this role is listed below. $60,800/yr - $114,000/yr Final base pay offer will be determined based on individual factors such as the candidate’s experience, skills, and location.
To view all of our comprehensive and competitive benefits, visit our Benefits at SoFi page!
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
SoFi is committed to embracing diversity. As part of this commitment, SoFi offers reasonable accommodations to candidates with physical or mental disabilities. If you need accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, please let your recruiter know or email [email protected].
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.