Social Bites: LinkedIn Talent Solutions (Ish Verduzco)

Ish Verduzco

What’s your name?

Ish Verduzco

What major social media account did you manage?

LinkedIn Talent Solutions

What was the best thing about managing this account?

The target audience was mostly recruiters and people in the Talent Acquisition industry—which made it super fun (because most recruiters are inherently social & love humor).

What was the HARDEST thing about managing this account?

Coming up with fresh content.

How did you think up your posts?

By speaking with recruiters and listening in on their meetings. I also helped to shadow a few of them to learn about the nuances of their roles.

Was there a long approval process for social content or were you trusted to pretty much do your own thing?

I was mostly trusted to do my own thing unless it was a major campaign. I did work really closely with my manager at the time to think up themes and ensure they were in line with the broader content team.

What have some of your most popular posts been, and why do you think they struck such a chord?

Most of the really popular content derived from humor or pain points that all recruiters have experienced.

Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 10.58.36 PM

What have some of your favorite posts been, even if they aren’t necessarily the ones that went “viral”?

Working with the Talent Insights team to deliver content via social that only LinkedIn had (due to the data and insights that were generated from the platform).

What do you wish you knew before you started managing this account that might have made things easier at the beginning?

Develop content themes/pillars that you can turn to during times when you can’t think of fresh content. Also, it really does help if you understand your core audience—ask them if you can shadow them for a day or two.

What’s your advice for someone starting out in social?

There is a lot that comes with the role of being a social media manager; try to focus on a few things and do them really well. Once you feel like you’re getting the hang of those things, then you can add to your plate. For example: start off managing, creating content, and owning community management for Twitter, then Instagram, then potentially exploring new platforms.

What’s your advice for brand managers to get the best out of their social media managers?

Don’t shut them down right away. Listen to their ideas because oftentimes, they are the ones who know your target audience best (thanks to the influx of mentions, DMs, and complaints they get via social).