Social Bites: Auntie Anne's (Bari Rosenstein)

What’s your name?

Bari Rosenstein

What major social media accounts do you manage?

Auntie Anne’s Pretzels

What is the best thing about managing this account?

Being able to really construct and execute a brand story in a way that is entertaining for our fans

Screen Shot of a tweet reading, "only way to ask someone to prom, imo" with a photo of pretzels twisted to read, "prom?" atop scattered Auntie Anne's wrappers

What is the HARDEST thing about managing this account?

The amount of content we need to produce…every day! And constantly thinking about the next thing (campaign, trend, pop culture moment) its non-stop thinking!

How do you think up your posts?

They just come to me! I love copywriting! I also do a lot of competitive research.

Is there a long approval process for social content or are you trusted to pretty much do your own thing?

Trusted to do my own thing! We only get “approval” for larger campaigns.

What have some of your most popular posts been, and why do you think they struck such a chord?

My most popular posts have been the most relatable. Rather it be memes, behind the scenes of rolling pretzels, or asking our fans questions—those things always go big!

What have some of your favorite posts been, even if they aren’t necessarily the ones that went “viral”?

I love our tweets. They are so dumb but in the best way possible.

Screen Shot of a tweet reading "i like hard pretzels" with emojis indicating one character has sent the other one flying with a golf club

Has a post ever landed you in hot water? (Tell us ALL the juicy details!)

I had an idea for 420, rolling the dough and it didn’t get approved :frowning: but nothing really super juicy to spill! I know my audience lol

What do you wish you knew before you started managing this account that might have made things easier at the beginning?

I didn’t know how big this account was when i first started. I had no idea what I was stepping into (but in the best way possible)

What’s your advice for someone starting out in social?

Be yourself and work for brands/companies that you trust! I’ve made it to where I am by following my gut and being myself, with the help of amazing mentors and managers.

What’s your advice for brand managers to get the best out of their social media managers?

SEND IT! Just post!! Don’t over think!! Do it consistently!! And have fun!