Sharing a resource...BeReal - a marketers guide

I was honoured to write an article for Mark Schaefer recently. Big thanks to @phylliskhare who also contributed her insights during my research

The cover image generated by Ai by Mark himself.

3 Likes

This is a really good article @communifi – I think it is a very level-headed look at BeReal. We’ve had some good conversations in here about this particular app and I’m sticking with my feeling that marketers don’t need to concern themselves with this one. But small groups of super-friends will love it.

3 Likes

I never cared for the app, but reading THIS:

because your location is reported by default, there is a potential for physical danger.

Absolutely not. I hate location data, I really do. It’s useful for GPS but anything else needs to not have it ever, in my opinion. Maybe that’s shortsighted but its how I feel.

It’s probably ok with friends but annoying most of the time. Too many privacy risks and the lack of moderation doesn’t seem fun.

1 Like

… and this just now in how it effects kids in school – Teachers on BeReal's impact on their classrooms | Mashable I can just image it in a classroom. !!

1 Like

Yeah I bet its extremely disrupting and a pain! In an already disengaged classroom!

1 Like