Share your best tip for implementing the information you learn at a conference

Many of us have spent the past few days at Social Media Marketing World…so much great information and🔥! What’s your best tip on how to maximize the information you learned?

@dewieirigjones @mike.allton @phylliskhare @valerie @connect @JonathanDGaby @judihays @julieriley8125 I know you guys love conferences have any tips?

2 Likes

Whenever I attend conferences, I create a note in evernote where I keep track of all the ideas and things to do along with goals and things I want to accomplish at the conference as a result of pre planning.

Review the things you have learned or what you want to take action on and schedule when you’ll take action.

Maybe find someone who was at the conference as well and stay accountable to them for those action items.

2 Likes

Great tip!!

1 Like

I create a twitter list of the speakers and attendees using the conference hashtag to make it easy to follow conversations and engage.

3 Likes

LOVE this idea…as I go off to go make a twitter list using #SMMW22

2 Likes

In the past, it was possible to use IFTTT to automatically add anyone who used a search term to a Twitter list. Sadly Twitter has put a stop to this ability.

2 Likes

conferences USED to do this for the attendees - but now it seems we need to do this ourselves.

2 Likes

Turns out Social Media Examiner did make a Twitter List of Speakers this year
https://twitter.com/i/lists/1470480791608172553

2 Likes

Awesome @deb -and Pin it to your mobile app too.

1 Like

what do you mean “pin it to your moble app too” @phylliskhare?

1 Like

On the mobile app you can pin several lists so the show up as tabs at the top – do you see those three at the top - Home – SMExperts and SMMW22 Speakers. that way it’s super easy to switch to a list to view those tweets in a feed.

2 Likes

and you Pin them @deb by going to your lists and looking for the Pin icon to the right of a list name

1 Like

WOW…that’s cool. Thanks for the tip @phylliskhare

1 Like