Job Title: Senior Specialist, Enterprise Social Media, Community Manager
Location: Rahway, NJ
Global Communications strives to be a strong team of trusted advisors who partner to drive business value. We advance the mission of the Company and create a cohesive picture of the Company’s work in the world by shaping its narrative. We drive consistency around the Company’s narrative and improve our corporate reputation as a result. Through our strategic approach, we ensure our company is positioned for success, its value is understood, and its reputation is protected. Our involvement with the entirety of the business – as strategic counselors – gives us a wide-angle perspective that we use to optimize opportunities, mitigate risk and achieve the company’s goals. We align as a cohesive team with shared goals and a clear picture of the results we pursue.
Enterprise Social Media is a part of the Digital Communications and Brand team in the Global Communications organization.
Come join a thriving, Enterprise, cross-functional team that is focused on advancing social capabilities across our business, around the world.
The Community Manager is an experienced, creative motivated individual who will provide thought leadership and lead best-in-class social media content development, publishing, monitoring and engaging across our headquarters company social media channels.
- Community Management of 4+ social media channels to enable healthy and thriving social communities
- Consists of monthly content planning/approvals, scheduling posts, addressing comments and direct messages (DMs), AE/PQC Monitoring, performance reporting and optimization
- Leverage calendaring tools for coordinating, planning and uploading approved content in our publishing tool across corporate social platforms
- Work collaboratively with multiple internal teams within global communications and agency partners to create tailored organic and paid social content plans to reach and actively engage target audiences
- Manage the day-to-day interactions with creative and paid agencies of record, collaborating on annual social strategy
- Assure content is medically and legally approved when required
- Attend/support collaboration with Promotional Review Team (PRT) members in development and approval of content as needed
- Maintain a social media center of excellence in content capabilities, creative best practices and social-first thinking that celebrates diversity and inclusivity
- Collaborate and coach others on creative best practices, appropriate channel selection and paid amplification based on target audience and desired outcomes
- Lead internal CM communities to increase engagement, awareness, and brand safety across the company’s social media teams
- Provide social thought leadership, model compliance and share content across a robust global network of community managers
- “Social Media Network” administrator, collaborating with internal creative agency for design support and overall graphic vision
- Drive experimentation and advance our social strategy and other innovative ways to connect with new audiences across a variety of key platforms
- Nurture key partnerships with current and emerging social media platforms to gain first-mover access that drives our brand and business forward
- Support executive and employee advocacy programs
- Conduct all activities in full compliance with our company policies, values and standards. This is a critical component of a highly visible role within the company.
We offer a Hybrid Work Model (combination of in-office & offsite/remote). This position cannot be 100% remote. Applicants must have the ability to work from our site in Rahway, NJ. May require up to 50% Travel for events.
Education Minimum Requirement:
Required Skills And Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in social media marketing
- Social Media Channel Management and familiar with social technologies (Khoros, Hootsuite, Social Studio, Sprout Social, Kapost, Canva, etc.)
- Ability to analyze social data to inform and enhance future programs.
- Experience working in a global capacity, creating strategies and content for social media.
- Experience driving both paid and organic promotion on social media channels.
- Familiar with core and emerging social media platforms
- Comfortable working in highly matrixed environment of multiple teams and agencies
- Experience working in a global capacity.
- Ability to thrive under tight timelines when needed.
- Detail-oriented and ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly effective writing and content creation skills
- Ability to manage agency resources.
- Proven communication and project planning skills
Preferred Experience And Skills
- Experience managing social media in a highly regulated industry
- Knowledge of social listening, social analytics and market research
- Familiar with employee advocacy technology and strategies
- Experience working with influencers on social media
- Graphic design skills
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers’ Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as customer-facing commercial, or research-based roles, will be expected to comply not only with Company policy but also with policies established by such external stakeholders (for example, a requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to access a facility or meet with stakeholders). Please understand that, as permitted by applicable law, if you have not been vaccinated against COVID-19 and an essential function of your job is to call on external stakeholders who require vaccination to enter their premises or engage in face-to-face meetings, then your employment may pose an undue burden to business operations, in which case you may not be offered employment, or your employment could be terminated. Please also note that, where permitted by applicable law, the Company reserves the right to require COVID-19 vaccinations for positions, such as in Global Employee Health, where the Company determines in its discretion that the nature of the role presents an increased risk of disease transmission.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US And Puerto Rico Residents Only
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC Know Your Rights
EEOC GINA Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Under New York City, Colorado State, Washington State, and California State law, the Company is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the salary range for this job. Final determinations with respect to salary will take into account a number of factors, which may include, but not be limited to the primary work location and the chosen candidate’s relevant skills, experience, and education.
Expected Salary Range
$107,600.00 - $169,400.00
Available benefits include bonus eligibility, health care and other insurance benefits (for employee and family), retirement benefits, paid holidays, vacation, and sick days. For Washington State Jobs, a summary of benefits is listed here.
Learn more about your rights, including under California, Colorado and other US State Acts
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.