Job Title: Senior Social Strategist
Company: Acadia · Atlanta Metropolitan Area (Hybrid)
Location: Atlanta Metropolitan Area (Hybrid)
2022 & 2023 Best Places to Work, The Atlanta Business Chronicle
Small Ad Agency of the Year – AdAge
Acadia is a team of creative minds and driven marketing professionals. We’re a small but growing team! Our mission is to be an elite digital growth platform, for the mid-market disrupter, in order to create opportunity, meaning, & connection for the communities we serve.
Our Core Values
Can-do: We dedicate ourselves to helping our clients and co-workers reach their fullest potential. We demonstrate courage and urgency to find and take ownership.
Community: We show genuine interest. We are the first to ask why, the first to research, and the first to understand. We ask questions until we find the path to conquer obstacles and build solutions
Candor: We are honest and transparent in all our actions. We strive to foster positive and mutually beneficial relationships — where respect and humanity thrive.
Curiosity: We will make lives better for those people, clients, and other deserving causes that we care deeply about.
Who You Are:
You are a brand storyteller, leader, and strategist who has a proven track record of bringing fresh ideas to the table while mobilizing across teams to spark change and deliver quality results to our clients. As an Acadia employee, you will be charged with constantly raising the bar for the social product. You are energized by adapting to social media shifts and changes, and have the ability to support in winning pitches by contributing innovative ideas to the sales process. You oversee the junior content strategy team to ensure that quality is always in the forefront of their minds. You work in conjunction with Agency Leadership to refine the agency’s approach to serving clients, developing strategy and creator talent and fostering new business.
- Constantly raising the bar for social media services at Acadia.
- Ensure that social product is current, timely, speaking to client needs, and rooted in a comprehensive understanding of audience.
- Partnering with enterprise-level clients by leading onboarding/strategy sessions.
- Leading the team through a strategist lens - challenging the status quo - hosting innovative sessions and support-oriented 1on1s (innovative sessions, support pitching, experience shares, and learning opportunities).
- Informing Pitch Strategy: Providing insight into research best practices and collaborating with the sales team to curate campaign ideas to wow prospects - driven by data but speaking to pain points.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- The ability to think big picture one minute and get into the weeds the next
- A combination of analytical skills, curiosity, and a strong interest in people
- Creativity and imagination
- Talent to juggle many things at the same time
- Strong communication skills
- A superb ability to listen
- Great presentation skills
- Hungry for leadership opportunities
- Passionate about social media and internet culture
- Passionate about putting great creative out into the world
- Position reports to Head of Social Strategy, Paula Ersly
- Acts as a subject matter expert, consulting other departments and clients as needed
- Supports strategy leadership with department needs, thought leadership, and new business
- Work with cross-functional teams to motivate, create and implement on-brand work that will achieve client goals
- Collaborate with creative teams to guide them on social media best practices and ensure all concepts are social-forward and align with user behaviors on the platforms; identify opportunities to experiment and push the boundaries
- Participate in new business pitches
- 4-5+ years of experience in brand/and or social strategy at social, digital, or creative agency, with clear demonstrations of strategy expertise
- Eloquent interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work against deadlines, act autonomously, and adapt as needs change
This is a full-time hybrid position in Atlanta, Georgia, with remote work and in-office requirements. In-office requirements include three in-office days per week, with the option for remote work the other two days.
What we offer - The Perks
- A work environment that enthusiastically encourages creativity, risk-taking and growth.
- 16 Paid Holidays
- Paid vacation and sick time
- We are closed Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day
- Solid Health Benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance)
- 401k and Equity Grants
- Education Reimbursements
- Opportunity for growth that is second to none in the industry
- Flexible working hours
Acadia is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We believe that the more diverse we are, the more creative our work will be!