Job Title: Senior Social Media Strategist
Company: Pomona Creative
Location: United States
We are a content marketing agency working with brands to tell their stories, one post at a time. Our focus is producing great content that adds a new perspective while telling a brand’s story. We’ve worked with all kinds of brands – from therapists to natural foods to mortgage lenders to single-origin cacao and beyond – handling email, copywriting, social, blogs, content strategy, and the like.
We know that being genuinely interested in what you’re creating greatly improves the work and your relationship with the client, so we only take on work we’re passionate about, and we build internal teams around category interest. Having people interested in the industry work on the account leads to fresh, exciting, and meaningful content. And, honestly, a better experience for everyone involved.
We are based in Denver, CO, but applicants from anywhere in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
This role is a great fit for you if you’re an experienced Strategist who has experience creating content that drives leads and builds brands with a fully remote team of creatives across the web and social channels.
This is a freelance, work-from-home role, that requires availability during the working week. Expect to work 10+ hours per week. Exact hours are flexible and will be agreed upon.
What you’ll do:
- Build and execute social media content and campaign strategies through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification
- Work with the team to create, edit, and optimize existing content across web and social channels
- Concept and define monthly, quarterly, and annual campaigns and content topics
- Conduct market research to identify emerging trends in content consumption and storytelling
- Leverage data to understand the performance of content to ensure that it is achieving its intended purpose
- Present content performance metrics and analytics to clients every month
- Ensure that a consistent story is told across platforms and formats (e.g., website, social media, etc.)
- Generate new content ideas and formats
- Serve as a trusted advisor to clients and identify opportunities for future client engagements
- Identify priority efforts/audiences/services to build messaging to support them while balancing the interests and capacities of the client’s organization
- Drive the content strategy, content creation, and standards that are essential in helping customers complete transaction flows and make decisions
- Collaborate with the content team to review engagement data and make strategic decisions
- 5+ years of strategy and content planning.
- Must have both B2B and B2C content marketing experience.
- Possess strong expertise across a spectrum of strategic planning areas, including: consumer insight development, brand development and storytelling, campaign communications, content development, and digital media best practices
- Experience running successful campaigns on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube (Tiktok would be too)
- Proficiency in leading multiple types of content strategy for web, app, specific channels (YouTube, TikTok, etc.)
- Ability to deliver meaningful insights through analyzing campaign data and creating tactics to implement.
- You’re an expert at creating and optimizing decks for maximum clarity and impact.
- Agency experience is a plus
- Interest and experience in the mental health field and IT consulting fields is a plus
- Open-minded and inclusive. You’re always learning and keep a curious attitude toward topics you may not understand.
Why Work with Us
- We’re a growing content marketing agency that values quality work and healthy relationships.
- You want to sharpen your digital marketing chops while working on content moving people forward.
- You enjoy a work-from-anywhere life.
- We value work/life balance and give you time off when you need it – no questions asked.
- We value health and encourage you to take care of yourself – however that looks for you.
- We value boundaries around work and life and encourage you to get off email and turn your notifications off when you’re not working.
This is a 1099 contract position. The Strategy Director will be paid hourly and the rate will be dependent upon the applicant’s experience, ranging from $60 - $90/hour. The retainer will be scoped and agreed upon ahead of time.
To apply, send your resume and a bit about yourself to [email protected]. Include the word “pear” in your email so we know you read this whole job description. We told you we needed someone with keen attention to detail.