Job Title: Senior Social Media Manager
Company: The Trevor Project
Location: United States Remote
Role: Senior Social Media Manager
Reports to: Director of Marketing
The Trevor Project is the world’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ young people. We are a non-profit that provides 24/7 life-saving support via phone, text, and chat. We also operate the world’s largest safe space social networking site for LGBTQ youth and run innovative research, education, and advocacy programs. We’ve been saving lives every day for over 20 years.
Overview of the role
The Senior Social Media Manager will oversee the nurturing, maintenance, and growth of The Trevor Project’s organic social media presence across multiple platforms,while ensuring positive and impactful online social interactions and engagements with the organization. The Senior Social Media Manager will develop and implement cross-platform strategies to improve and evolve The Trevor Project’s organic social media tactics – in service of driving broad awareness, recall, consideration, and use of Trevor’s life-saving programs. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, and collaborating extensively with colleagues from across the broader organization, this person will serve as a tactical plan owner and an exceptional strategist as they lead the organization’s social media presences. This role will also serve as the direct manager to Social Media Associates on the Marketing team.
Who you are
- A social media maestro. You understand social media platforms, their interplay and how they differ, as well as how each can be used in concert to most effectively reach your strategic goals. Proficient experience managing organic social presences across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat, and Youtube is highly preferred.
- Innovative. You look at the way things are, and then imagine twenty ways they can be improved. You’re always thinking about trends in social media and how these trends and changes can be leveraged to effect strategic progress.
- Results-focused. You set clear timelines and drive projects to completion. You know that delivering on goals and metrics is the key to having a significant impact and growing our programs.
- Project management minded. You know how to manage complex projects. You are familiar with various project management systems and comfortable making sure the organization’s various campaigns are run smoothly.
- Collaborative. You understand that the best way to meet and exceed goals is through outstanding teamwork. You work well with internal and external stakeholders alike.
- Research- and evidence-based. You are up to date on the best organic social media practices, and want to ensure that everything you do is informed by the latest and greatest thinking, technology, and practices.
- Leader. You have management experience and are ready to lead your direct reports through daily tasks and help facilitate their career development.
- Builder. You’re excited about the opportunity to take the status quo as just a starting point, then implement best practices and continually innovate.
- Passionate. You care about LGBTQ youth. You care about saving lives. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day. You want to change the world.
- Fun. The work we do is very serious, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have fun. We know how to have a good time and you should too.
What you’ll do
- Develop and execute data-driven organic, cross-platform social media strategies to drive increased growth and engagement among The Trevor Project’s social media audiences, as well as to drive forward organizational objectives and key results
- Analyze and report on post and channel performance, and optimize social media strategies and tactics based on relevant analytics and insights
- Oversee organic social media community management and engagement, including the tracking of social media comments and sentiment, of community management response rates, as well as the tracking and escalation of critical social conversations
- Oversee the organization’s social media calendar, posting schedule, and posting cadence across all social media platforms; oversee the optimization of posting schedule and cadence to encourage positive social engagement
- Collaborate closely with the Content team to deliver best-in-class social media content that well incorporates The Trevor Project’s visual vocabulary, key messaging, and tone-of-voice
- Manage Social Media Associates through posting and community management strategy, as well as guide them through their career growth journeys
- Stay up-to-speed on social media trends, best practices, and platform features; inform social media strategies based on industry and platform updates
- Help build and lead the organization’s growing social media team
- Generous vacation and holidays (like a full day off to celebrate Harvey Milk Day!), including three half-day Fridays during the summer
- Comprehensive health insurance, including coverage for various gender affirmation surgeries (and we pay 100% of your premiums for medical, dental, and life)
- Flexibility to work from anywhere in the U.S. (we provide the technology, a monthly internet reimbursement and a reimbursement to outfit your work-from-home space!)
- Fun virtual office environment and passionate team
- Online Subscription to Headspace, a digital meditation platform
- Meaningful work at an organization that is saving the lives of LGBTQ young people across America every day
- The Trevor Project is an equal opportunity employer
We’re excited to hear from you! To join Team Trevor, please upload a resume and cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Use the cover letter as an opportunity to convey why you want to be the next Senior Social Media Manager at The Trevor Project!