Senior Social Media Manager - Juni Learning
Are you passionate about inspiring kids to become the next generation of engineers, designers, and builders? Juni is an online learning experience where kids 7-18 years old can learn real-world skills and solve real-world problems. No matter who they are or how they learn, every student at Juni gets a chance to make their own mark on the world. We’re looking for team members who are excited to roll up their sleeves and make this mission happen.
As part of our Marketing team, we are hiring a Senior Social Media Manager to build our brand and story, and most importantly to share it with the world. We work with thousands of amazing students around the world and our Marketing team leads the charge in building new, thoughtful relationships for us every day.
The best candidate will be a creative and focused communicator with experience driving strategy and executing on a day-to-day basis, with a passion for putting our students and their families first, and thinking creatively about how to reach them.
You will report directly to the Head of Marketing and collaborate on company-wide targets with the rest of the Marketing team, including team members with expertise in audience development, copy, and creative. You will also have the opportunity to work directly with the CEO on specific campaigns and initiatives for the executive team’s storytelling as well.
- Manage and execute Juni’s organic social media presence
- Write creative and on-brand content for multiple platforms, as well as visual designs in partnership with our creative team
- Build a cohesive strategy and calendar for highlighting the Juni story
- Proactively integrate Juni with larger movements and conversations strategically and quickly jump on timely trends
- Strong analytical skills, with a bias towards testing and managing metric performance
- Evaluate and build new channels, seek out new growth opportunities for Juni
- Share consumer insights with cross-functional teams
- Support the CEO and executive team’s storytelling as needed
- 8+ years in social media and / or community management, including well-known consumer brands, building strategy and executing the details
- Demonstrated creative expertise communicating across multiple channels and formats
- Previous experience building communities from the ground up around products that people love, with strong traction and scale
- Strong, creative design sense for premium products
- Ability to pay attention to detail with also maintaining the big picture for the future of the brand
- Passionate self-starter, decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas
- Strong ethical and honest approach.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; organized and detail-oriented. You love spreadsheets and checking off items in a todo list.
- Represents Juni professionally with parents, students, external organizations, and within the team.
- Self-driven to manage your own work and results with high standards.
- Openness to change and feedback, and quick to adapt to new systems.
- Team player and collaborates with others constructively and positively.
- Interest in learning programming or previous programming experience is a plus.
- Preferred: Based in San Francisco or willing to relocate to San Francisco. Open to remote roles for the right candidate.
- Work authorization in the US.
- Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurances
Juni Learning makes a real mark on the world. Founded in 2017 by Stanford graduates and Google alumni, Juni is an online learning experience where kids 7-18 years old can learn real-world skills and solve real-world problems. Juni’s 10,000+ students focus on critical STEAM topics, like coding, investing, math, and more. With an extensive curriculum and various course formats, Juni Learning prepares students for the future and inspires the leaders of tomorrow. No matter who they are or how they learn, every student at Juni gets a chance to make their own mark on the world. Juni is backed by Forerunner Ventures, Index Ventures, and Y Combinator and the company is headquartered in San Francisco.
We believe there is a better future for kid’s education. We know that tackling a broken system will not be easy. It will not happen fast. But it will be worth it. We always keep our eye towards a better future for the next generation. That means we dream in years, not days. We focus on the forest, not the trees. And in all the decisions we make, we keep children and their futures at the center of it all.
Impact Over Everything.
At Juni, we believe success is measured by impact, not by the quantity of output. Tackling a systemic problem, like education, will not be successful with incremental change. For this reason, we stop low impact work to focus on bigger swings that will move the needle in a big way. If the outcome is not what we hoped for, we praise the effort, learn from it, and focus on the next big swing. Trying and failing is better than doing nothing.
Data. Data. Data – and some intuition.
We make decisions purposefully, leveraging the data we have available to us. There will be times that we need to make decisions without a full data picture. In those moments, it’s important to trust our gut and experience.
We are a small yet mighty team. No task is too small or too big. This means you can drive real change in your role. We are scrappy and frugal where we need to be, and we use the resources we have to build something great. This is all because we take pride in, and are passionate about, the change we are making in the world.
Transparent, Humble Collaboration.
We pride ourselves as underdogs who are tackling a massive challenge. We know we can’t do it alone and have so much to learn from our teammates. We work together with directness, openness, active listening, and respect. We believe that being challenged is part of what makes teams and companies great, so we are not afraid of debate and love building on each other’s ideas.