Job Title: Senior Social Media Manager
Company: Grafana Labs
Location: United States (Remote)
Grafana Labs is looking for a creative and community-centric social media manager to be the voice of Grafana Labs across our official company-branded social media profiles. As a key part of our Content & Communications team, you will have the opportunity to develop and execute a social media strategy that engages our global user community, supports our talent branding efforts, and plays a crucial role on all company announcements. The ideal candidate is resourceful, collaborative, and passionate about brand building and growing communities, with the ability to context switch between being a social media content creator, analyst, and consultant. This role will work cross-functionally with many different teams within the organization to produce content for a consistent social media publishing cadence that spotlights our products, open source contributions, events, programs, user success, education offerings, and company culture.
- Manage the social media publishing calendar in close coordination with the Content & Comms team to keep our community informed, grow our brand, and support key go-to-market initiatives.
- Monitor social media channels on a daily basis for user feedback, community successes, and community sentiment that would be helpful to the appropriate internal company stakeholders.
- Be part of an integrated newsroom-like operation, alongside Content and PR, to share resources and create holistic campaigns around product launches, OSS releases, events, and more.
- Write and edit posts for company-branded social media accounts and employee social media sharing recommendations. You will develop an internal social media style guide to refine our brand voice across channels.
- Produce a monthly analysis of social media activity, growth, sentiment, and popular conversations in the community; and results and learnings from new initiatives and experiments.
- Experiment with new types of content and social media platform features.
- Launch and grow new company profiles on key platforms where we currently do not have an official presence and where our audience can be found.
- Point social media users with questions to the appropriate place to get more information or help. While this is not a technical support role, we want to make sure our open source users and customers know the appropriate place to look to get help.
- Work with our design team on creating social media assets that reinforce our visual branding and support social media campaign efforts.
- Partner with our recruiting team on talent branding initiatives.
- Be the go-to resource for the company on social media trends and best practices.
- 5+ years of experience as Social Media Manager for a technology brand with a global audience
- Hands-on experience managing corporate social media accounts on major social media platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, and TikTok
- A track record of success in producing social media campaigns that grow followers, engagement, and social media referral traffic
- Experience planning and implementing a social media strategy from the ground up
- Familiarity with administrating and using social media management tools such as Sprout, Sprinklr, Hootsuite, or similar
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Thrives in a high-speed, fluid environment
- Comfortable working on a fully distributed team
- A good attitude and a sense of humor–be ready to bring the fun!
Nice To Haves
- Experience writing for personas such as devops engineers, open source enthusiasts, observability experts, SREs, sysadmins, cloud architects, network engineers, or software developers
- Some video editing or graphic design skills
- Ability to produce amazing memes
- Experience with Google Analytics or similar web analytics software
In the United States, the base compensation range for this role is $131,000 - $158,000. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview process. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable), and other benefits listed on our careers page.
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
**Benefits: **For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page.
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer: At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.