Job Title: Senior Program Manager, Social Media Manager
Company: University of Colorado Boulder
Location: Boulder, CO
CU Boulder Advancement encourages applications for a Senior Social Media Program Manager! This role is an integral part of the University of Colorado Boulder Advancement Marketing and Communications team. The Senior Social Media Program Manager is passionate about data-led, integrated digital marketing and communications with a focus on social media. The right candidate for this position will be excited about strategic marketing and have a desire to work in a creative environment where communications plans are created to support CU Boulder’s mission.
The Senior Social Media Program Manager contributes to the planning, execution and analysis of effective digital communications. While focused on social media channels for the CU Boulder Alumni Association, this work also happens across a variety of platforms including email, event registration and website. This role is highly collaborative within the larger Advancement Marketing and Communications team and schools and units across the university.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
CU Boulder Advancement is committed to a culture of joy, motivated by collaboration, passionate about excellence and driven by impact. These four values deﬁne our culture and drive our engagement and fundraising success.
At CU Boulder Advancement, we allocate time and resources to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). Our efforts contribute directly to our division’s core values and to advancing CU Boulder’s mission through impactful fundraising and engagement results. As a team and as individuals, we commit to learning about and challenging systems, policies, and practices that enable oppressive ideologies to recur in our community. (Oppressive ideologies include racism, sexism, ableism, heterosexism, and other “isms” that cause harm. This list is not exhaustive and may evolve in our pursuit of collective liberation.) Embracing our responsibility to lead and model helps promote the culture we desire while supporting our internal and external constituents. Accountability for our commitment to DEI is established through speciﬁc individual and team goals that evaluate our progress and growth.
CU Boulder Advancement Marketing and Communications engages a diverse constituency of donors, alumni, students, parents, faculty, staff, ambassadors and community members through a multi-channel approach that elevates reputation, drives connection and inspires participation. We create and amplify donor-, alumni- and community-centric, meaningful content with the CU Boulder voice, tone and brand.
**What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be **
Social Media Content
- Develop content and lead creative storytelling on the Alumni Association social media channels.
- Maintain and execute content calendar across Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, X (formerly Twitter), Threads and other platforms.
- Produce multimedia content such as Instagram reels and quality photography.
- Attend relevant events, post live coverage and facilitate takeovers, as needed.
- Manage social media communities – monitoring, listening, recording and responding appropriately.
Social Media Strategy
- Lead content meetings and communicate social media strategies to campus partners.
- Develop and optimize the social media strategy for all CU Boulder Alumni Association channels.
- Analyze and report social media analytics to make data-driven decisions and adjust strategies as needed.
- Partner with other CU Boulder campus social media managers to share standard processes, strategies and collaborate on campus-wide projects. Mentor social media managers of Alumni student group—Herd Leadership Council—in social media standard methodologies.
- Create, monitor and report on social media advertisements via Meta Business Suite and other relevant platforms.
- Monitor social media trends, learn about tools and adapt quickly to stay relevant.
Other Marketing Needs
Cross-train in web (Drupal) and email (Litmus, Marketing Cloud and Salesforce) tools.
Assist other marketing program managers in completing web updates and email building and testing, as needed.
- Maintain a small portfolio of marketing projects from ideation to execution.
- Contribute to the creation of marketing plans and assist with other marketing projects on an as needed basis. Manage relevant marketing projects
- Take part in planning meetings to understand and develop messaging, identify target audiences and develop integrated marketing campaigns.
What You Should Know
This position has the ability to work a hybrid schedule with some days on campus and some days remote.
This position will occasionally be required to work evenings/weekends.
What We Can Offer
The salary range is 56,000- 65,000 annually.
Relocation assistance is available within department guidelines.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be collaborative. Be impactful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience- combination of education and experience.
1+ years of professional, job-related experience.
What You Will Need
- Ability to analyze data and synthesize ﬁndings.
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to work collaboratively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of social media standard processes and community management for platforms including, but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, X (formerly Twitter), LinkedIn and TikTok.
- Ability to implement paid social media campaigns.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Positive attitude with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy, discretion, and collaboration in working with a diverse range of constituents including employees, students, volunteers, alumni, donors, and campus colleagues.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously; must have ability to work independently and collaboratively and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to embrace the shared values of the Office of Advancement.
- Ability to embrace a growth and self-starter mindset.
Software Used: Microsoft Oﬃce products, donor tracking software (Salesforce), Meta Business Suite (Facebook, Instagram and Threads), X (formerly Twitter), Zoom, Teams, LinkedIn, Sprout Social, Buffer, Drupal or other content management platforms, Hootsuite, Sprout, Later or similar tools for social media content management/scheduling.
What We Would Like You To Have
3+ years of professional, job-related experience.
Experience with multimedia production (photography and videography).
CU Boulder graduate and/or experience working on CU Boulder campus.
To Apply, Please Submit The Following Materials
A current resume.
A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
Optional : Link to website or PDF of sample work.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by December 6, 2023 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .