Job Title: Senior Media Manager
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it’s what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About The Team
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
The Media Center of Excellence team at Workday leads paid media planning and investments across global markets targeted toward C-level decision makers. Our team collaborates closely with internal business leads and external agency partners to drive awareness and leads responsibly. We are a group of cross-channel specialists, committed to a balance of discipline and innovation to drive growth for the company.
About The Role
Workday is seeking a Senior Media Manager on the Media Center of Excellence team to lead NA Brand media program. We are looking for an experienced and strategic media expert who has a thirst for creative innovation mixed with data analysis to drive continued performance improvements to media investments.
This role offers great growth potential, above and beyond the business driving programs, to include strategic contributions as the team grows its value offering across marketing as a whole.
- Set strategic media guidance for Brand media plans
- Manage and direct media agency for the planning, implementation and reporting of paid media
- Collaborate with Brand team and agency partners, to support key initiatives and shared objectives with measurable outcomes, including creative and media
- Present NA Brand programs and reporting to leadership for sign-off and buy-in
- Steward of paid media activities to ensure investment align to strategy and deliver on KPIs and media budget maintenance
- Portfolio management, connecting Brand campaign efforts to the larger customer journey
- Subject matter expert on various media channels as well as new and innovative Brand campaigns
- 6+ years national media planning/buying experience, with a high focus to Brand channels (Upfronts, Sports Sponsorships, etc.) including performance based media (i.e. paid social search)
- Experience working with B2B, C-level audiences
- Proven experience with implementing mid to large sized budgets across various media channels while supporting Brand launches
- Ability to review campaign performance data and output a clear informative story, including Brand Health Trackers
- Proactive mindset, that enjoys working with a team
- General knowledge regarding audience segmentation and DMP tools, AAM is a plus!
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; attention to detail and ability to refine communications to simplify and showcase often complex issues
- Proven track record to effectively execute integrated marketing programs on both a strategic and tactical level
- Strong problem solving, priority setting, facilitation, multi-tasking, and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently, lead project related budgets, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to and track, monitor and analyze campaign performance, overall spend and make data-driven decisions
- Strong interpersonal skills and capable of building positive relationships across multiple teams and time zones
**Workday Pay Transparency Statement - United States **
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations in the United States (US) are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.
Primary Location: USA.CA. Pleasanton
Primary Location Base Pay Range: $121,000 - $181,400
Additional US Location(s) Base Pay Range: $100,700 - $181,400
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you’ll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote “home office” roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!