Job Title: Senior Marketing Manager
Company: San Francisco Giants San Francisco, CA
Location: San Francisco, CA
About The Team
Giants Enterprises is dedicated to the curation and development of new ventures complementary to the San Francisco Giants baseball franchise. Giants Enterprises believes in being bold by leveraging a unique combination of event expertise, resources and relationships in order to create larger-than-life experiences for millions at Oracle Park and beyond. Through a vast network of partners and clients within the local corporate, tourism and hospitality industry associations and convention related sectors, they have executed thousands of private dinners, meetings and receptions. Venues and offerings within the company consist of 15 iconic Park venues, 3 transformable spaces on the Park’s edge and on 2 luxury yachts, Giants Enterprises operates a daily tourism program at Oracle Park and The Gotham Club, the first private membership, year-round social club in professional sports.
Giants Enterprises has also hosted numerous public programs including the 34th America’s Cup, Rugby World Cup Sevens, numerous sold-out concerts, professional and college sports as well as various health and wellness initiatives, including the Giant Race series. At the intersection of sports, entertainment, meetings, events, tourism and hospitality, Giants Enterprises provides the rare combination of people and places to create giant impressions for locals and visitors from around the world.
You will enjoy being part of an iconic franchise in the Sports world and get to experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
About The Role
The San Francisco Giants is looking for a Marketing & Communications Manager within Giants Enterprises, where you will have the unique opportunity to help grow the Giants Enterprises brand and assist in day-to-day marketing efforts along with various event related needs for all business units including public and private events at Oracle Park, Ballpark Tours, The Giant Race Series, The Gotham Club and Giants Maritime Division.
You’ll be given hands-on experience in a number of different areas, including, but not limited to management of marketing & communications process, innovation and activations, collateral development, web, digital and social media marketing, partnership activations and recaps and project management.
You will collaborate the Sales & Marketing team in concepting, developing and maintaining all sales & marketing materials for our public and private events while providing support towards all Giants Enterprises business units – The Gotham Club, Giant Race Series, Ballpark Tours and Giants Maritime. The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to provide exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and visual. This role reports to the Vice President of Giants Enterprises and will be located in our beautiful ballpark headquarters at 24 Willie Mays Plaza in San Francisco.
You must be located in the Bay Area
You’re Excited About This Opportunity Because You…
- Develop and execute annual marketing plans in alignment with company budget and goals
- Lead Marketing team in creating, developing and maintaining all sales & marketing materials
- Establish and champion brand story across all campaigns, materials, outlets, etc.
- Analyze performance of all marketing activities to optimize conversions, revenue and return on investment and asses against goals and benchmarks
- Create and execute timely marketing initiatives via digital marketing (email, social, website, advertising & more) and direct mail to drive awareness and sales for main business priorities
- Have a strong understanding of the local, domestic & international Travel, Tourism, Hospitality, Entertainment & Sports spaces
- Craft and lead marketing, event and brand campaigns
- Work independently and with appropriate internal departments to manage the on-sales, marketing, communications, media relations, social media, etc.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships within all relevant partner industries
- Outstanding communication skills, including the ability to author and deliver presentations
- Strong knowledge set and track record of managing brand, digital & social marketing campaigns
- A keen sense of ownership, drive, and willingness to get it done
- Detail oriented with the ability to work efficiently in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience applying insights from data/analytics to a multi-faceted business model
- An elevated level of graphical design and aesthetic compilation
We’re Excited About You Because…
- You are an authentic, inspiring and positive team member.
- You have a bias towards action and have an inner drive and commitment to excel in the pursuit of business goals.
- You dare to take on ambitious goals, align on mutual accountability across teams and make things happen.
About The Giants
One of the oldest teams in Major League Baseball, the San Francisco Giants are dedicated to enriching our community through innovation and excellence on and off the field. This past decade, the organization has won three World Series Championships, made four playoff appearances and thrown four no-hitters. Off the field, the Giants have become internationally-renowned as a host to entrepreneurial and premier entertainment events. Celebrating over 60 years in San Francisco, the organization is entrenched in the Bay Area community as the Giants work with corporate and non-profit partners to raise awareness, educate and generate interest in a variety of issues important to both their fans and the local community.
We are truly unique; we are an organization committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we’re dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, innovation and teamwork and we want you and your ideas to thrive at the San Francisco Giants.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At the Giants, we strive to foster an inclusive work environment that encompasses the rich diversity of the San Francisco Bay Area, the place we call home. We welcome all people and are committed to creating an inclusive community built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply. If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
At the Giants, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition or disability, genetic condition, marital status, domestic partnership status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status and any other protected class under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.