Job Title: Senior Manager, Social Media Strategy (Remote)
Company: Collins Aerospace
Location: North Carolina, United States
The Senior Manager, Social Media responsible for the Collins Aerospace social media channels and associated content strategy is a key player on the global communications team. The principal focus of the role is to develop, scale and execute an innovative and results-driven social media strategy in line with the integrated communications plans to grow brand recognition, protect the company’s reputation, and position Collins as an innovative leader in the aerospace industry with a strong voice and purpose. The successful candidate will be obsessed with finding the right ways to creatively connect with the right audiences, stays up to date on relevant social media trends and best practices, understands how to track and analyze relevant data, knows how to motivate and lead a team and understands how to effectively position a primarily B2B aerospace organization in the fast-paced, ever changing social media environment – and the opportunities and constraints that go along with that.
Reporting to the director of Global Media Relations, the senior communications manager is responsible for defining the voice of Collins Aerospace across organic and paid campaign content strategies to elevate the Collins brand across all channels and accounts. This person thrives on initiating and delivering innovative work through a matrixed, cross-functional team and in a global environment.
The right candidate is a very strong copywriter with the ability to develop and execute a targeted, strategic social media plan, collaborate with the right internal and external influencers to elevate our digital presence and drive traffic, engagement, awareness and positive brand recognition.
This person is not afraid to think outside of the box and proactively search out new and innovative solutions for enhanced storytelling and relevant thought leadership opportunities across the company’s Strategic Business Units (SBUs) and business priorities.
This role demands keen strategic thinking, precise execution, strong organization and outstanding interpersonal communications skills to support successful reputation and brand-building strategies.
This position can be worked remotely.
- Own and manage @CollinsAerospace official accounts across all social media platforms including but not limited to Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram.
- Lead the Collins social media team and develop skills of the team to support social media strategy for organization.
- Work closely with the global communications teams to intimately understand the business priorities to design, develop and implement an innovative and impactful social media plan that supports those objectives in closes partnership with marketing leads and business campaign owners.
- Design, map out, and execute a global Collins social media vision, strategy, goals and guidelines to drive audience engagement, grow brand recognition, minimize brand risk and grow communities via social media channels and partnerships (i.e. influencers, events, thought leadership).
- Own and drive social media strategies for major trade shows and industry events, in coordination with marketing teams, Raytheon Technologies (RTX) and other RTX business units.
- Partner with integrated campaign owners and communications leadership to develop, support and oversee all paid and organic content campaigns across all social channels, including data analysis and report generation.
- Draft, write and/or proofread every social post with a high attention to detail and excellence.
- Manage and develop the editorial calendar and report weekly to the team on upcoming social media engagements, campaigns and relevant trends and results.
- Establish and drive a social media dashboard tracking key metrics and data analysis to report back on strategy success and implement learnings into future plans.
- Collaborate with creative team and external agencies as required to imagine, develop and implement innovative imagery and multimedia content to support world-class social media strategies.
- Provide guidance and recommendations on social media best practices such as content publishing guidelines, executive presence, upcoming trends and channel growth strategies to team and company leadership; contribute to the global communications playbook.
- Develop, execute and maintain a social media listening/community management strategy, and promptly alert team if any brand reputation issues arise
- Travel up to 25%
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of prior relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 7 years’ experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. Collins Aerospace will not offer sponsorship for this position
- Minimum 10 years of communications experience in a corporate environment, which must include experience in social media strategy, management and execution. Experience in an international environment with a strong manufacturing or technical background is a plus
- Demonstrated experience developing social media strategies unique to each channel that deliver measurable results
- Experience leading and developing a team of social media professionals
- Prior experience and understanding of how B2B brands leverage social media authentically
- Successful project management experience in cross-functional, matrixed teams
- A strong portfolio of proven successful social media strategies and tactics
- Knowledge of social media tools including but not limited to Sprinklr, Hootsuite, and simple graphic design tools including Adobe or Microsoft suite, Canva, etc.
The salary range for this role is $107,000.00 to $225,000.00; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: pet insurance, home and auto insurance, additional life and accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
- Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.