Job Title: Senior Manager, Social Media
Location: Boston, MA
This is an exciting role on Rapid7’s Marketing Team where you’ll be directly responsible for building processes and growing communities that elevate our brand, as well as processes and platforms for employees to drive new business opportunities – and to help position Rapid7 as an Employer of Choice.
About The Role
The Senior Manager of Social Media is responsible for building and protecting the Rapid7 brand across all social platforms. Reporting to the VP of Global Corporate Communications, you will be responsible for leading social media strategy for the overall external-facing brand and Rapid7’s employer brand through marketing campaign integration, creative strategy, corporate communications/PR support, crisis response and issues management, research content promotions, and more as needed. You will also lead our social selling and employee advocacy efforts, working closely with other teams across the business to enable them to share on social media.
In This Role, You Will
- Lead Rapid7’s global social media strategy – including creating posts and writing social copy, and creating social cards when needed – across 5 rapidly growing accounts.
- Serve as the main point of contact for social media support with various partners across the business including Marketing, Talent Brand, Research, and Customer Support.
- Oversee our community management and social listening efforts, monitoring and responding to customer inbounds, community questions, and larger crises.
- Determine KPIs and channel benchmarks for the social media program, delivering against them each quarter. Continuously evaluate social media performance based on data, utilizing Sprout Social’s reporting tool to analyze engagement trends and adjust content strategy accordingly.
- Develop unique content calendars for five different social media channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram - and sometimes YouTube) daily – based on channel-specific trends and industry/competitive benchmarking.
- Partner closely with the Content and Design teams, brainstorming and innovating on broader campaign concepts to develop focused, shareable campaigns on Social, including the dotted-line management of a creative designer dedicated to social media content.
- Determine KPIs and channel benchmarks for the social media program, delivering against them each quarter.
- Manage and foster key relationships across the business, as well as one direct report.
- Evaluate complex data and translate it into insights for the broader Marketing team and executive leadership teams.
- Identify opportunities to enhance strategy regularly based on research.
The Skills You’ll Bring Include
- 6-8 years of experience in Social Media Management and content strategy (prior B2B tech experience a plus).
- Proven experience in developing and scaling highly visible social media programs.
- Experience leading strategy with, and effectively communicating across, cross-functional global teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Deep understanding of the latest trends in social media which can be leveraged for a B2B company.
- Data-driven and knowledgeable of the latest social media metrics - and why they matter.
- Experience with social media vendor management – from initial evaluation through contract negotiation and invoicing.
- People management experience: Not only with direct reports, but also across the broader team to ensure the company is aligned with goals.
- You challenge the status quo: You’re fluent in testing new social media concepts and evaluating what is (and isn’t) working, and operate with a “Never Done” mindset.
- Comfortable developing and defining social media calendars and channel strategies.
- Strong and error-free written communication skills.
- Experience with social listening and response, particularly for crisis communications.
Rapid7 (NASDAQ: RPD) helps organizations across the globe protect what matters most so innovation can thrive in an increasingly connected world. Our comprehensive technology, services, and community-focused research simplify the complex for security teams, helping them reduce vulnerabilities, monitor for malicious behavior, be in 10 places at once, and shut down attacks. We’re on a mission to make security solutions easier to use and access so we can bring safety and resilience to more people.
With more than 10,000 customers across 140+ countries, Rapid7 is a leader in cybersecurity that has earned numerous industry accolades and recognition for our technology and culture.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.