Job Title: Senior Manager, Social Media
Location: New York, New York, United States
The Social Marketing team is looking for a Senior Manager of Social Media who will be responsible for the management of Peloton’s social agency(s), collaboration with cross-functional teams to co-develop (with regional and local teams), and manage a digital/social content strategy & architecture.This role is critical in defining the social strategy and creating connected experiences that engage audiences across key platforms. This position will synthesize information from external partners and across the organization to deliver clear, measurable strategies that demonstrate Peloton’s social marketing leadership.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Oversee execution of social media strategies that propel Peloton’s brand further into the digital and social ecosystem
- Build a center of excellence for social media driving the overall strategy, voice/personality, channel strategy, content approach etc. while also getting findings and data from the markets to advise best practices
- Manage relationship with social agency partners
- Devise digital/social media programs and leads digital innovation in social marketing
- Create guidelines and shares best practices
- Lead the development of Peloton’s social strategy across all platforms, including, but not limited to, Instagram and Reels, TikTok, X, Threads, YouTube and Facebook
- Develop earned-first, social-centric ideas in partnership with the PR team to drive social buzz/conversation and earned media around the most meaningful brand and cultural moments
- Assist in setting guidelines and help drive the direction for paid vs. curated content and collaborate with marketing counterparts worldwide to inspire the best work.
- Provide recommendations on digital/social media marketing channels to leverage for greatest impact based on research and analysis
- Leverage own networks in digital community to keep tabs on new technologies and trends
- Advance organization’s thought leadership efforts by educating others, both internally and externally with stakeholders; acts as a subject matter expert
- Executing social campaigns and content that will be shared and leveraged globally
- Is responsible for parts of Social Media budget to ensure that all campaigns, programs, and activities are within allocated budget
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 6+ years of social marketing experience
- Extensive experience using Social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube
- Experience working with companies on: moderation and crisis management/ social listening and conversion analysis/ paid meeting lighting and chat bot
- Experience working with creative teams to influence content so it delivers meaningful business outcomes through paid social
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects and campaigns simultaneously
- Comfort operating independently in a fast-paced environment; must be adaptable and willing to take on additional responsibilities as necessary
- Able to be both strategic and creative helping centrally develop content that markets can leverage and adapt
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position based at our New York City headquarters. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and if the location for the job changes. Our base salary is just one component of Peloton’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual equity awards and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Access to mental health services
- 401k, tuition reimbursement and student loan paydown plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Fertility and adoption support and up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Child care and family care discounts
- Free access to Peloton Digital App and apparel and product discounts
- Commuter benefits and Citi Bike Discount
- Pet insurance and so much more!
Base Salary Range
Peloton provides Members with expert instruction, world-class content and the fitness industry’s leading music library to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton offers an immersive and personalized experience [with or without equipment]. Access Peloton content via the Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread, Guide, Row or the Peloton App, now with multiple membership tiers. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a highly engaged community of nearly 7 million Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Peloton, where all team members, applicants, and other covered persons are considered on the basis of their personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, unemployment status, familial status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all practices and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @ onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.