Job Title: Senior Manager, Social Media
Location: United States
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab .
Social Media requires a balance of work behind each of the two words that make up the practice. Social , by building trust with our audiences and connecting as personally as appropriate, and Media , by scaling our storytelling efforts to brand-level corporate marketing initiatives.
The “Social” in Social Media
The world’s best brands feel more like a trusted source of information to their audience than a company. They could even develop friendly relationships with their followers. This is because the world’s best brands understand people and weave that understanding into everything they do. Social Media at GitLab is a key part of building GitLab’s brand into one that is loved by its audience of developers, remote work pros, and IT folks up and down the ladder.
Social Media at GitLab focuses on understanding people who make up the GitLab community, creating and sharing content over social channels that they’ll find valuable, and educating team members in marketing and beyond on social media best practices for brands, personalities, and how we measure success.
The “Media” in Social Media
The world’s most renowned brands are perceived to be larger than life. As GitLab scales to new heights, the Social Media team prioritizes opportunities for brand-level storytelling initiatives. By sharing our company values, perspectives on remote work, or leaning into our product’s features, we’ll help users understand how they feel about GitLab overall.
**What you’ll do **
- Lead campaigns, positioning, and messaging as the expert on the GitLab brand
- Integrate GitLab’s brand voice and GitLab’s values into our social media strategy and content
- Scale, develop, and manage the social media team to expand GitLab’s influence and awareness and engage followers
- Willingness to be a player/coach and to roll up your sleeves
- Own the delivery and results of social media deliverables and OKRs
- Strong focus on improving results, productivity, and operational efficiency
- Supports social programs beyond channels, including team member engagement, executive visibility, and reputation management
- Partner internally and externally (with an agency for example) to drive and execute high performing campaigns
What You’ll Bring
- 10 years of social media and at least five years of people management in a high-growth enterprise software company and/or agency
- Strong sense of and experience with high-level concept development, strategy, research, and problem-solving
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to develop, pitch, execute, and report on creative ideas, strategies, and campaigns
- Strong experience running influencer campaigns
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote , asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently for residents of listed locations only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity . Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary.
Colorado/Washington pay range
$94,100 — $181,400 USD
California/New York/New Jersey pay range
$94,100 — $201,600 USD
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law . If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation , please let us know during the recruiting process .