The Content and Social Marketing team is the always-on voice of DoorDash. Our mission is to create and distribute valuable, relevant, and consistent content that builds fandom on all sides of our marketplace. From the consumer who is looking to discover the best of their neighborhood, to the merchant that is growing their business, and the Dasher who is earning income on their own terms, our goal is to form meaningful connections with these audiences where they are.
About The Role
We are seeking a seasoned Senior Manager of Social Media to bring breakthrough social media strategies to life in DoorDash campaigns. You will work closely with award-winning teams to inspire and manage innovative and effective uses of both organic and paid social media tactics as part of multichannel go-to-market plans. In this role, you will impact our highest visibility marketing efforts and have the opportunity to work across multiple business priorities.
You will report to the Sr. Director of Content and Social Marketing on the Brand Marketing team within the Marketing organization.
You’re Excited About This Opportunity Because You Will…
- Manage end-to-end social media planning and execution as a key channel in campaign go-to-market plans.
- Partner with highly awarded internal and external media and creative agency partners to conceive and produce innovative and effective social media strategies and tactics.
- Work with analytics teams to set and track social media performance objectives that contribute to larger business goals.
- Participate in and contribute to cross-functional campaign meetings, documentation, and info-sharing.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with collaborators within and outside of the Marketing organization.
We’re Excited About You Because…
- You are an expert in your field, with 8+ years experience in social media roles for major brands. You understand the nuances of how popular social media platforms work — from their products and features, ad formats, to their unique user cultures. You stay current with channel best practices and take a curious and experimental approach to emerging platforms, features, and trends.
- You have a track record of breakthrough campaign experience, either agency- or client-side, for major consumer brands (preferably tech).
- You have exceptional project management and collaboration skills, and thrive in complex and fast-moving situations that involve large teams.
- You can demonstrate with data what social media success looks like. You have deep knowledge of native and third-party social media analytics tools, and can extract and interpret performance results against business goals.
- You are driven toward excellence, passionate about creativity, and excited to push the horizons of how social media shapes culture.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
California Pay Range:
Colorado Pay Range:
New Jersey Pay Range:
New York Pay Range:
Washington Pay Range: