Job Title: Senior Manager, Social Media
Company: Charles Schwab
Location: Westlake, TX
We have a unique opportunity for a Senior Manager, Communications in our new Social Media Center of Excellence in Corporate Relations. This role includes experience cultivating operational and procedural structures to support scalability and efficiencies in support of Schwab’s corporate social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) and Schwab’s employee and executive social media programs in support of communications and business objectives. These strategic communication channels are used to engage with clients, the public, and the media, and to provide perspectives and education on market events, investing, personal finance, company news and corporate culture.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We’re proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to work in the office and/or at home based on their preference*
Employees may have the flexibility for a hybrid schedule, where they divide their time between working remotely or in the office.
Employees and managers can discuss additional flexibility options based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
Subject to change. Schwab is continually evaluating its approach to ensuring the safety and well-being of our employees
What you are good at
- Develop and advise on social media strategy for major business, marketing, and public relations initiatives for both paid and organic social media activity
- Communicate effectively and consistently to team and priority stakeholders on social media performance and trends
- Work with key business partners to ideate, research, and develop social content unique to specific audiences for distribution in a variety of social platforms and employee programs.
- Contribute original content to support Schwab’s ongoing content strategy, in response to client needs, to address changing market conditions, or to highlight our company to investors and other stakeholders
- For all content this role produces, ensure it: adheres to Schwab’s brand voice, tone, and audience; incorporates relevant feedback from internal partners; follows internal review processes
- Publish social content into our content management system and ensure partners are following protocols when publishing.
- Channel ownership- from content calendaring to archiving and supervision requirements.
What you have
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with working for a large company or brand social media channel, be conversant in wealth management topics such as retirement, tax and estate planning, and be accustomed to writing on demand with frequent, set deadlines. They will be a versatile writer who can dig deeply into niche topics and craft compelling lighter reads. A deep understanding of financial markets, trading and investing is a plus.
- 5-10 years in social media content creation and community management
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to problem-solve on the fly, adjust to changing requirements, and take on a variety of tasks to help load-balance work across the team
- Understanding of social media publishing platforms and technology
- Critical thinking and basic numeracy skills
- B.A./B.S. in public relations, journalism, marketing, or social media preferred. (A strong preference for experience
Target Total Compensation - 95,700 - 210,500.
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience – talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at [email protected] or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.