Job Title: Senior Manager, Social Media and Content Marketing
Location: Tempe, AZ
As the Social Media and Content Marketing Lead, you will be a key player on the Global Social Media and Content Marketing team responsible for managing a team of social media and content marketing brand managers. Our team is global, and we oversee social media, content, community management and influencers for each of our consumer brands. This role is fast-paced, strategic, data driven, creative and forward-thinking. It requires strong leadership skills, people management skills, understanding of how to create and execute an effective organic social media strategy and how content marketing through blogs and other created content plays into the overall marketing mix.
blog and content strategy
We are seeking a candidate with global consumer brand experience in social media and content. You understand how important it is to see the big picture but also how to bring it down to the local level to make it relevant while keeping the customer in mind. You are skilled at relationship management and working cross-functionally with key stakeholders such as regional marketing managers, creative agencies (internal/external), DTC acquisition and other internal business partners, thought leaders, PR/Comms, etc. You have a deep understanding of and experience in social media platforms, organic social strategies, blog and content strategy, content boosting and agency management - as well as being an effective people leader.
This role is highly collaborative both within the marketing organization as well as across other functions across the business, and around the world. The winning candidate will be based in Tempe, AZ, reporting to the Head of Global Social Media and Content Marketing, and is open to flexible hours and ways of working to collaborate with colleagues around the world and to support the dynamic nature of social media.
- Help develop and drive the execution of the global social media and content marketing strategies across brands and regions with your team and agency partners
- Serve as a creative, analytical mind on the team to provide strategic recommendations for developing and improving social media campaigns
- Lead amplification strategies through innovative approaches, identifying and presenting ways to maximize value in social channels – includes paid boosting
- Manage a team of social media and content marketing managers who work on consumer brands at a global and local level
- Oversee the development of social media content calendars with social brand leads and agency – working across key markets and taking into account business goals and objectives
- Work closely with key stakeholders such as Integrated Marketing, Internal Creative agency, Partner Marketing, Regional Marketing, CSM, Customer Service, Media team, etc.
- Set specific objectives, KPIs and goals (with Head of Global Social) and report on performance. Track across channels on an ongoing basis to understand trends and inform the social and content strategies.
- Use web and social media analytics platforms to measure campaign success and provide data-backed recommendations for optimization.
- Partner with the Head of Global Social and Social Agency of Record to define immediate and long term social playbooks across all consumer brands.
- Provide thought leadership in the development of brand storytelling across all social media platforms advising on narrative trends that complement brand strategies and high performing formats.
- Demonstrate a strong interest in and understanding of social media metrics and trends, particularly on TikTok.
- Manage external partners – key contact to global social and content agency of record, social media software vendor, etc.
- Understand global needs, including general business strategy, industry issues, products and services, key customers, and competitors in the marketplace globally
- Understand and be able to help guide agency partner on reporting for social media and blog content/web analytics.
- Be and change-agent and help to propose new, innovative approaches to ways of working or processes
- 8+ years of experience managing social media for brand(s)
- Experience managing people required. Team manager with a team growth mindset – ability to rally a team and pivot quickly as needed
- Experience developing content marketing strategy desired and exposure to global social media management a plus
- Strategic thinker who can provide sound judgement that comes from experience. Can blend strategy, creative, technical capabilities, and project management expertise.
- Strong organizational skills with mobile/social first thinking
- A genuine passion for social media and content creation with strong writing and communication skills
- Innovative spirit and hunger to think outside the box and be creative with experience working with creative teams/agencies or vendors
- Ability to adapt, take calculated risks, accept ambiguity, test, iterate, and pivot on ideas
- Strong interpersonal skills – can work across a variety of teams and people, has grace under pressure, great people skills and strong sense of accountability
- Ability to think globally to develop strategies that flex across regions through creative brand solutions. Interest in spanning geographies and time zones to effectively collaborate with colleagues out of both headquarter locations of Tempe, AZ and Prague, Czech Republic.
- Deep knowledge of social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, TikTok, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc.
- Exposure to supporting tools and platforms such as Khoros, Talkwalker, Meltw ater, Google Analytics, Adobe Experience Manager, etc. Must be able to set up dashboards, listening queries, understand reporting and impacts and how to optimize to inform strategies.
Gen is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. Gen strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.