Job Title: Senior Manager, Global Social Media
Company: Timberland, a VF Company
Location: Stratham, NH
Join the Timberland Family
Founded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand based in Stratham, New Hampshire, with international headquarters in Switzerland and Hong Kong. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel, and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying – and protecting – nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Timberland is a VF Corporation brand. VF is one of the world’s leading apparel, footwear, and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations and a commitment to delivering innovative products and creating long-term value for its employees, customers, and shareholders.
To learn more about Timberland and share in our mission to step outside, work together and make it better, visit one of our stores, www.timberland.com, or follow us @timberland.
Senior Manager, Global Social Media (Global Timberland)
As Senior Manager, Global Social Media, you will be responsible for developing social media strategies across our existing social media channels and the new ones we want to build on for tomorrow.
You’ll be a trusted member of our team, reporting to the Senior Director of Digital Transformation. You’ll collaborate and liaise with the integrated marketing team, energy marketing, and brand teams at the global/regional levels.
How You Will Make a Difference
You’ll be responsible for working with our Energy Marketing team to tap into our creator community of authenticators and ambassadors, activating our relationships across Work, Outdoor, and Lifestyle. You will implement strategies from across the marketing organization, researching and staying on-trend, creating meaningful metrics, and managing analytics while leveraging key insights and data for content creation.
You will be responsible for creating roadmaps and content calendars while staying nimble so that we can participate in real-time culture and conversation.
What you will do:
- Strategize and create global social media campaigns across all active channels
- Keep up with popular industry trends on social media and find opportunities for partnerships
- Develop authenticator marketing campaigns throughout the year for various collaborations
- Drive audience and engagement and growth across all owned/earned social channels to drive brand awareness and maintain the company’s profile as an industry leader
- Lead the development and execution of best-in-class earned social and community strategies and social aspects of integrated marketing and communications campaigns
- Manage the daily creation, publishing, and posting of content across all platforms, including Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Lead social strategy development/provide social-related counsel for all product launches, collaborations, and special projects
- Partner with customer support and other communications functions to create positive engagement and community management across existing customers, communities and with authenticators of interest in support of the Timberland brand
- Enable employees to amplify Timberland’s initiatives across social platforms
- Maintain brand consistency across all social channels
- Support senior leaders in developing and operationalizing an individual social media presence
- Develop and maintain social media monitoring and community management, working closely with customer service to effectively manage community and customer engagement and response
- Create and distribute daily/weekly/monthly reporting on social media metrics, engagement, and recommendations to optimize the company’s social presence, blend with other earned media metrics
How you will do it:
- Collaborate across marketing functions to develop a seasonal content calendar and brand-defining social media campaigns
- Be a key contributor to functional plans and execution for all brand-defining initiatives
- Source and work closely with digital agencies to ensure that they are briefed on the digital marketing objectives and strategies and executed against
What success looks like:
- You are adaptable with innovation and innovative thinking while continuously learning and driving results
- With your management skills in business acumen, customer focus, driving execution, operational decision making, and selecting talent, you will build strategic work relations with trust, communication, and commitment while leveraging cultural diversity
- In building and maintaining a successful team, you coach and develop others with empowerment and by facilitating change
- With your skills in continuous improvement, information monitoring, decision making, planning and organizing, and customer-focused, your talent for building partnerships with communication, gaining commitment, and leveraging cultural diversity will contribute to the team’s success. You are also adaptable with innovation and innovative thinking while continuously learning and driving for results.
Free to Be, Inclusion and Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance-driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness, and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Skill for Success
- Years of Related Professional Experience: 5+ years of progressive marketing experience
- Formal education and subsequent undergraduate/graduate degrees, such as a bachelor’s degree, are nice, but we are most interested in your total experience in digital brand marketing and professional achievements.
What we expect you already know/have:
- Strong organization skills
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Proficient PC skills with Microsoft Office Suite
- A talent for problem-solving
- Conceptual thinking to understand complex issues and their implications, some may need to be based on limited information
- The ability to implement and devise solutions that may require a long-term perspective while taking into consideration multiple perspectives
What we will teach you:
- Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even other countries
- To thrive in a supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- How to grow, both professionally and personally, with tailored training – from a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training
- Be part of an inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and nationalities love working together
To inspire others to step outside and make it better, make a difference by using purposeful actions first and encourage others to join you, believe in collaboration, and work to create positive transformations.
VF Guiding Principles: Live with Integrity, Act Courageously, Be Curious, Act with Empathy, and Preserve.
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy, and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical, and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package. Go to MyVFBenefits and click “Looking to Join VF?” to learn more.
Our Parent Company, VF Corporation
VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities, and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active, and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com.
We just have one question. Are you in?